Hopper With Sling S515 Update Is Here

Ok, maybe I missed this before but having just received 515 yesterday I don't remember seeing this before.

What are the "reverse" play buttons for at the start of every line item in the guide? I thought they would allow you to watch any show you tuned into from the beginning! If I hit the play button nothing happens. If I hit the select button all it does is change channels with still no option to start from the beginning.

I've done a menu reset and a hard reset with no help.

guess this is a nice feature, but imo, it makes the guide harder to read

Am I in the minority that likes the OD part? I hate fishing through VoDs trying to find just that one episode I may have started 5-10 minutes to late?

Am I in the minority that likes the OD part? I hate fishing through VoDs trying to find just that one episode I may have started 5-10 minutes to late?
I'll answer that after I use it a few times and I can watch it pretty seamlessly (no waiting for it to download or buffering once it starts playing). Since we moved, I'm not sure if I have used on-demand at all. I know my wife has with stuff for our youngest, but she'll queue up 3-4 things and let them download in the background. We have 15Mb internet now vs 6Mb (DSL) previously, so that should make quite a difference too.

I woke up this morning to S115 finally. Been stuck on S506 forever. I only had a few minutes to play around with it before I left for work. But I noticed I did not have the little "play" button in my guide for on demand programs. I scrolled through many channels in the guide and even went to the 8PM time slot, thinking there would be plenty to pick from during that time slot. But I never found a program with that option in the guide. Anyone know why?

Well I noticed last night that I finally had some "play" buttons show up in my guide for VOD. But the only channels I've noticed them on are Disney, Encore channels, and one program on HGTV. Are those the only channels that offer it? Anyone else seeing it on other channels?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joeys have picked up some speed, not lagging like the first few days (at least for us). Other twitches like rentals expiring as they download seem to be resolved also. Still have the search bug where the cursor floats to 'P' and clears the box - I imagine that will take until the software revision to fix (like when they fixed it last time).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok I have the release nothing has happened YET but I'm waiting for it, as much as kabob or what ever his name is likes to smack my hands lol. I'm still waiting for my house to burn down from s515, or the whole system to go katywonk(sp) who knows. LoL. Who on earth builds a system that has to be rebooted daily, the idiots at Microsoft don't even do that.

Dish DVRs have always done that. For some reason, the vast majority of people think that it's acceptable and anyone who questions it has no idea what they're talking about.

You know I guess your right I forgot my 722 did the same thing but it was so long ago since I had it I forgot. You could tell those when to reset though and I had it set for 3:30. Now don't get me wrong, would I give up my hoppers not a chance in this world. I love almost everything about them they changed how tv is watched in my house and fixed so many problems. I most likely would not give them up even if direct tv came to my house and said we will give you tv for free. Directv just can not offer a three hopper 9 tuner setup in harmony that I have now. They say they can but it would require way to many boxs and they don't intetgrate anyway as well from what I can understand. It would turn into some disaster to try and change. So I will stay mildly disappointed at dish, if Charlie paid the very best programmers it could be perfection.(Or as close to it as possible)

Imagine if they had a smart phone like Apple and developed those. If he gets into the cellular business it could be very interesting. He has the chance to transform it again.

A lot of people have been waiting for the Hopper Integration for a long time. This is a big release considering that and the "binge" feature.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts