Hopper With Sling S515 Update Is Here

Hello all, you guys must have signed up to get early updates or something. I swear it scares the crap out of me when they do a MAJOR update they always break something that worked fine before they went meddleing in the coding. It always takes years to fix whatever they broke, if ever. I know it's wonderful to get new options, I have always wanted full integration (and it doesn't even sound like we are getting that) but I swear they will always break something in the process I give it a 99% chance that something will be broken that wasn't before. Just my 2 cents.

Hello all, you guys must have signed up to get early updates or something. I swear it scares the crap out of me when they do a MAJOR update they always break something that worked fine before they went meddleing in the coding. It always takes years to fix whatever they broke, if ever. I know it's wonderful to get new options, I have always wanted full integration (and it doesn't even sound like we are getting that) but I swear they will always break something in the process I give it a 99% chance that something will be broken that wasn't before. Just my 2 cents.
You need to read this thread more thoroughly.

I woke up this morning to S115 finally. Been stuck on S506 forever. I only had a few minutes to play around with it before I left for work. But I noticed I did not have the little "play" button in my guide for on demand programs. I scrolled through many channels in the guide and even went to the 8PM time slot, thinking there would be plenty to pick from during that time slot. But I never found a program with that option in the guide. Anyone know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I woke up this morning to S115 finally. Been stuck on S506 forever. I only had a few minutes to play around with it before I left for work. But I noticed I did not have the little "play" button in my guide for on demand programs. I scrolled through many channels in the guide and even went to the 8PM time slot, thinking there would be plenty to pick from during that time slot. But I never found a program with that option in the guide. Anyone know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a cold reboot.

My favorite part of this update is where you can watch the next episode after you are done with the first without having to search through the folder for it with the drop down that they have. I wish there was a way to go through the shows quicker such as pressing a number button to go to shows that begin with a certain letter or to have each show in a folder like they did on the 722 so that you can search through the shows quicker.

Received 515 about a week ago and everything seemed fine, watched a few live shows and Primetime Anytime recordings. Sunday, I turned the Joey on for the first time since update and the picture and audio every minute will freeze for about 10-15 seconds, Hopper was fine. Did soft and hard reset on Hopper and Joey, did not work. Monday, realized that recordings on the Hopper did the same thing. Yesterday lost the external hard drive. More hard and soft resets do not help. So, am left with only live tv on the Hopper. Should I replace, or hope they send a quick software fix (Hopefully DIRT will have a quick response)

Ok, maybe I missed this before but having just received 515 yesterday I don't remember seeing this before.

What are the "reverse" play buttons for at the start of every line item in the guide? I thought they would allow you to watch any show you tuned into from the beginning! If I hit the play button nothing happens. If I hit the select button all it does is change channels with still no option to start from the beginning.

I've done a menu reset and a hard reset with no help.

Check this thread for more info: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/what-are-these-guide-icons.344701/

The whole "watch from the beginning" is deceiving. You can only do that if a) that episode also happens to be available on-demand or b) is being shown later. Later, believe it or not, can be in an hour or two or days later ! Many will take "watch from the beginning" to mean they can rewind back to the start. Time Warner has a feature like this called "Start Over".

I noticed the "copy settings" option in the parental control menu. Allows u to copy setting to other locations. Is this new or has it always been there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)