Hopper With Sling S515 Update Is Here

What exactly made them integrated? Some of the timers I set tell me there "may be a conflict" and it ask me if I want to create the timer on my other hopper (although almost all of those instances there was no conflict). Is that the integration they're talking about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Even my PC with Windows 7 reboots at least once a week.
Ok I have the release nothing has happened YET but I'm waiting for it, as much as kabob or what ever his name is likes to smack my hands lol. I'm still waiting for my house to burn down from s515, or the whole system to go katywonk(sp) who knows. LoL. Who on earth builds a system that has to be rebooted daily, the idiots at Microsoft don't even do that.

Even my PC with Windows 7 reboots at least once a week. Many times when you get software updates( which can be daily, if you have lots of different software) the PC reboots to finish the install. A Hopper is just a computer, but does not have soft wear from other manufactures.

The Hoppers are not fully integrated, they just can share timers now to help with schedule conflicts. This feature was added before s515 along with the binge feature.

Reactions: lucky86
Let's call it compromise? 512 was the limited release that brought it to Dish, 515 is the official release that brought it to all?

I have 2 HWSs. If I go to DVR and select timers in the My Recordings drop down button, I see the timers set on the in use HWS. If I go to the DVR line and change HWS in the drop down button, I see the timers of that HWS. I have used this a couple of times now when setting recordings to make sure I am not duplicating a program on both HWSs

I have 2 HWSs. If I go to DVR and select timers in the My Recordings drop down button, I see the timers set on the in use HWS. If I go to the DVR line and change HWS in the drop down button, I see the timers of that HWS. I have used this a couple of times now when setting recordings to make sure I am not duplicating a program on both HWSs

Thanks odbrv. I didn't know about this before.

Ok if this is what people want to call integration, then you and I way too different ideas on that integration is. I mean editing a timer ok, but no this is not integration........integration at least in my head and a few others is making the two boxs act as one unit one list, one prime time anytime button, integrated. Not one half***ed attempted at at integration but actual integration. And for you that don't want it I'm sure you could go in the menu and turn it off. If I'm not mistaken that's what the 813/hopper was supposed to be able to do in the first place. I swear I never bring this subject up it makes my blood boil, I'm actual wacking my iPad keys right now.

Edit: and the first version of the hopper was supposed to be the greatest thing on earth I went through 23 of them new wiring new switches new nodes new dish never could figure out the problem, it wasn't until the second version came along that by some miracle fixed what on gods green earth was wrong.

And yes I maybe a tad jaded after the 511, 622, 722, 922 or 911 whatever it was called the worse receiver dish ever made but I expected greatness this time especially when they promised it.

I actually appreciate the limited integration, for the purpose of separating my roommates recordings from my own. As far as the 813/hopper release, if you remember, in the beginning two hoppers couldn't even see each others recordings. The joeys could, but the hoppers could not. Luckily that got upgraded, and now it's right where it should be. Doing its best to keep everyone happy.

Ok if this is what people want to call integration, then you and I way too different ideas on that integration is. I mean editing a timer ok, but no this is not integration........integration at least in my head and a few others is making the two boxs act as one unit one list, one prime time anytime button, integrated. Not one half***ed attempted at at integration but actual integration. And for you that don't want it I'm sure you could go in the menu and turn it off. If I'm not mistaken that's what the 813/hopper was supposed to be able to do in the first place. I swear I never bring this subject up it makes my blood boil, I'm actual wacking my iPad keys right now.

Edit: and the first version of the hopper was supposed to be the greatest thing on earth I went through 23 of them new wiring new switches new nodes new dish never could figure out the problem, it wasn't until the second version came along that by some miracle fixed what on gods green earth was wrong.

And yes I maybe a tad jaded after the 511, 622, 722, 922 or 911 whatever it was called the worse receiver dish ever made but I expected greatness this time especially when they promised it.

Wow. Can't believe someone would be this upset over full integration. I'm not even sure if full Hopper integration was ever promised by Dish to the public. I think it was just something we talked about here a lot.

How in the hell did you go through 23 Hoppers? There was nothing wrong with the original Hopper. In fact I still have mine from day one and I have customers with theirs yet. Your problem had to stem from something else in your set up and not the Hopper.

I know I get a little irritated but few people in my real life can understand why when technology fails I'm mad. They are like just order a new one well it's not supposed to
Wow. Can't believe someone would be this upset over full integration. I'm not even sure if full Hopper integration was ever promised by Dish to the public. I think it was just something we talked about here a lot.

How in the hell did you go through 23 Hoppers? There was nothing wrong with the original Hopper. In fact I still have mine from day one and I have customers with theirs yet. Your problem had to stem from something else in your set up and not the Hopper.

Well the repair guys thought it could only possible be my livingroom hopper I'm like that can't be it they can't be broken that many times but they actually think they are smarter then you so they keep replacing the same thing over and over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)