Hopper with Sling S517 Update Is Here

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
I was checking my remote controls in the System Info screen and noticed S517 update came with the daily update early this morning. I usually check every morning but thought it would be a while for the next update to come so haven't been checking lately. I will check the color button shortcuts list sometime this weekend and post a new listing update.

So far with a one day run of S517, looks like manual timer icon stuck record status is fixed. OTA timer start early/end late is not.

This spooled the 14th at 11pm MST...so most probably had it Thursday if the STB's were off and no timers/autotunes set.
Spooling takes place over a period of weeks. Not everyone get's it at the same time.

I must gotten mine last night. My receiver was on the Hopper channel when I turned it on this morning, usually means there was an update.

It may still be on limited roll out with Mike at the very end of the list.:) No need to tell us every day you don't have it just tell us when you do.:biggrin2

I noticed in the System Info screen (Menu + Menu) a blue button at the top labeled Zoom. When selected a big window pops open titled Attention #1560 and it has the Receiver CA, Smart Card, and Location IDs. Has this always been there or is it new with this latest update?

I asked about this at CES and it does not sound like it will be fixed. I don't remember the reason I was given, but I did ask. Wish I had better news to report.
I've said it before, but there's more and more indications that Dish is reducing their "support" of anything related to OTA.... I think that them fixing the inability to record OTA sub-channels was probably an exception.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)