Hopper with Sling software version - DIRT?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sourdough

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 13, 2013
Alaska
I have a Hopper with Sling (original version). According to the system info screen the last software update occurred 7/1/2016 and the software version is listed as S531.

The system reboots nightly at about 1:30 and after the reboot the screensaver shows a message that S531 is up to date. Others here have indicated that this is not the case.

Can DIRT give a reason as to why it might not be updating anymore, or if this software version is going to exacerbate the continuing guide data/timer/lack of icons issues that have been ongoing?

I have had to replace EVERY timer to get recordings to work again. Replacement timers have been stable for the most part (1 or two have had to be replaced on more then one occasion). I still have no program icons. everything has the network icon, which really sucks.

Hello Sourdough. The Hopper/Sling softwear current version is U2.31 (released 3/17) and S5.44 (released 1/17)
Do you know if you're using the new UI? The black one?

Also there have been timer issue when the guide was updated. timers had to be re-set as previous timers weren't recognizing the new guide format and skipping recordings

Hello Sourdough. The Hopper/Sling softwear current version is U2.31 (released 3/17) and S5.44 (released 1/17)
Do you know if you're using the new UI? The black one?

Also there have been timer issue when the guide was updated. timers had to be re-set as previous timers weren't recognizing the new guide format and skipping recordings

Hello Mark,

The UI is the same as it always has been since I got the hopper several years ago. Why would I not be receiving the updates? Is there a way to manually trigger a software update?

Do you have any Joeys to go with that Hopper? If so do you put them into standby? It is important that the Hoppers and Joeys get put into standby to get firmware updates.

Do you have any Joeys to go with that Hopper? If so do you put them into standby? It is important that the Hoppers and Joeys get put into standby to get firmware updates.

Yes there is a Joey, it is lightly used so yes it is in standby. It reboots itself nightly about 1AM which effectively puts it in standby regardless. It is at version S397.

Hello Mark,

The UI is the same as it always has been since I got the hopper several years ago. Why would I not be receiving the updates? Is there a way to manually trigger a software update?

Can you PM one of us? We can look at your equipment and walk you thru the steps to manually upgrade the softwear if necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)