Hopper with Sling Software Version S502 is Out

They changed the way "browse" works and I don't like it.
Now if you are watching a recording and press the browse button it now uses the channel that the recording was made on instead of the channel you were watching when you started the playback of the recording.

Still waiting for the new Software Version S502 hopefully tonight I will get it soon or stay tuned!! :whistle: :rolleyes:;):D:)

This must be a slower rollout, last time I got it about 5 of 6 days after it started.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I submitted a report too. Can't record on any OTA channel.

They are having a horrible track record with OTA lately; one software makes all the OTA stutter; they send out a fix, next software prevents you from recording OTA...seems like OTA is not a heavy focus in testing...

I have the same issue, but I can set up a manual timer for OTA. I contacted DISH about it and know that they have escalated it and it's being investigated. I would try a manual timer and post whether or not that work around allows timers to be set for you as well.

The work around I do is a manual timer for the OTA channel. You can do that if the start early and end late doesn't cause issues with your other timers.

Thanks, hadn't considered that as an option. Will have to read up on manual timers as I have never used them.

I love that dish keeps updating to add features and fix bugs, but it kills me to see simple functions slow down with every software change. Moving around my recordings and clicking a show causes a few seconds lag before the popup occurs. It seems to me that the original hopper and HWS were both their fastest at launch, and the longer they are in service the slower the menus, channel changing, ect become.

Crashtastic

I'm not sure if this is widespread, but since my Hopper Updated to S502, it's been crashing and stuttering and freezing continuously. It's been fine up until the update. Now if I reboot it, I can watch about 20 minutes of a show before it starts to freeze for 5 to 10 seconds at a time, and then get slower and uglier until I have to reset it again. I've tried pulling the plug, but it's still got about 20 minutes in decent performance before dying.
Dish has taken my nicely functional Hopper and made it almost useless.

Tom

I'm not sure if this is widespread, but since my Hopper Updated to S502, it's been crashing and stuttering and freezing continuously. It's been fine up until the update. Now if I reboot it, I can watch about 20 minutes of a show before it starts to freeze for 5 to 10 seconds at a time, and then get slower and uglier until I have to reset it again. I've tried pulling the plug, but it's still got about 20 minutes in decent performance before dying.
Dish has taken my nicely functional Hopper and made it almost useless.

Tom

Wow! So many reported bugs in S502 I'm beginning to dread it hitting me for the update. Since it hasn't (yet), guess it's too much to hope for that they've pulled it for reworking. My HWS has been flawless so far - fingers crossed.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

It's working fine for me. I found out my previous problems with EHDs was due to corrupted movies. Perhaps some problems others are having are also due to other causes than s/w.

My PTAT section is set to show Folders by Network. Since S502 update for some reason there are two folders for NBC, HD and SD. The HD folder is listing older programs and SD list is recent programs. This is happening on two of my Hoppers that have PTAT enabled. Anyone else having this issue? Sorry if this has already been posted.

I'm pretty happy with S502 as well. The 100% watched bug appears to be squashed. The OTA recording workaround (use a manual timer) that charlesrshell posted works well for the start early and end late ignore problem. The sound on OTA playback has been glitch free for two releases. Multiswap seems like a nice feature but needs some user level documentation.

My PTAT section is set to show Folders by Network. Since S502 update for some reason there are two folders for NBC, HD and SD. The HD folder is listing older programs and SD list is recent programs. This is happening on two of my Hoppers that have PTAT enabled. Anyone else having this issue? Sorry if this has already been posted.

If you check your guide you will see that the icon for NBC HD channel has been changed. I am GUESSING that is what created the new folder for NBC. (both folders are HD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts