Hopper with Sling Software Version S502 is Out

If you check your guide you will see that the icon for NBC HD channel has been changed. I am GUESSING that is what created the new folder for NBC. (both folders are HD)

Last nite I deleted all the programs in the HD folder that had the older programs. This morning no double NBC folders. Maybe it won't come back.

Last nite I deleted all the programs in the HD folder that had the older programs. This morning no double NBC folders. Maybe it won't come back.

I noticed in the PTAT section that the one NBC selection that was still there does not say HD like FOX, CBS, and ABC has. So I deleted all the programs in that folder too. So now my PTAT section has no NBC folders. I did this in both Hoppers that have this issue. Will check in the morning to see what the PTAT section has in it. I also enabled PTAT on a third Hopper that never has had it activated before and see how the folders look in the morning.

My PTAT section is set to show Folders by Network. Since S502 update for some reason there are two folders for NBC, HD and SD. The HD folder is listing older programs and SD list is recent programs. This is happening on two of my Hoppers that have PTAT enabled. Anyone else having this issue? Sorry if this has already been posted.

I do NOT have s502 yet and I have two NBC folders also. I just ignore them.

Has any one had issues with the picture being zoomed way in when you first turn on the dvr from being a sleep? Now I have to unplug it at least three times a day to get a watchable picture. The format button is set at normal so when you hit it, it only makes it worse.

Dish needs to pull their heads out and fix the EHD problems! Stop all new software development and concentrate on fixing the bugs one at a time... Good f-ing grief...

I agree fix all the current bugs and then work on adding new stuff. When I got the first gen hopper channel changing was super fast. Then came the updates and each update made it get slower little by little and our tv is over 5 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crashtastic

I'm not sure if this is widespread, but since my Hopper Updated to S502, it's been crashing and stuttering and freezing continuously. It's been fine up until the update. Now if I reboot it, I can watch about 20 minutes of a show before it starts to freeze for 5 to 10 seconds at a time, and then get slower and uglier until I have to reset it again. I've tried pulling the plug, but it's still got about 20 minutes in decent performance before dying.
Dish has taken my nicely functional Hopper and made it almost useless.

Tom

Update: My hard drive crashed this morning. Lost everything. However, this is probably what was going on that was causing all of my freeze's and issues that I originally blamed on the Software update. Great timing, I would normally have copied my recordings to the External drive at the first sign of trouble, but I assumed it was the software causing it. :-(

Still waiting here for the S502 and still being stay tuned!! :)

Be Thankful you don't have it.

I just discovered a major problem with archiving PTAT programs that is probably caused by S502. I got S502 on 5/20/14. Only one PTAT program (Motive) that I saved for archiving from Wed. 21 was successfully saved to My Recordings and is available for archiving. I had thought that it was odd when the first program (Revolution) scheduled that day had shown it to be a 3 hour 1 minute program in PTAT about a week ago and it wasn't shown as saved (I was saving new episodes), so I saved it again. Today after the 1:30AM update, it saved a file that could not be played. The other saved series finales from that day disappeared.

I have looked at my PTAT programs for the last four days (Monday thru Thursday) and the programs that start at the beginning of the PTAT block show a time of 3 hour 1 minute which is also wrong, so I suspect that all PTAT programs will fail to archive for these days as well. This may be the major problem that they are trying to fix with the S503 update that KKlare received.

Fortunately, there are lots of repeats, so there isn't much that I was planning to archive. If you are archiving programs, and you see the same timing errors as what I am seeing, you may want to watch the programs in PTAT while you can. It may become necessary to turn off PTAT and just save the programs you want to archive. I called Dish tech support to report the problem and was told it was a known issue.

Last edited:
As reported earlier, my HWS has had S502 since May 16th (the morning it was rolled out). The living room HWS finally got updated on May 30th and it now has S503 after still having had S342 until then. My HWS also updated to S503. I'm hoping it finally fixed the issue with tuners being stuck as recording.

Just got S503 and the OTA sub channel recording problem is still there. It works on some and on some it doesn't.

The Multi-Swap still goes to live TV on switching, most of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)