Hopper with Sling Software Version S502 is Out

3HaloODST

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 2, 2010
Earth
Just got it. So far all I see new is Multi Swap. It's basically like PiP Swap except you can do it with up to 4 channels (tuners) now. Hopefully it fixes a lot of the crappy bugs, too. I'll have to check it out when I get the time.

EDIT: Multi Swap is neat. Already found an old bug that is back. FORMAT button does nothing on OTA channels. Oh yeah, and there's now options for the wireless Joey.

Last edited:
Just got S502 as well. I had been told S347 would be making the rounds around May 9th so I'm happy to finally have a new software version although it's obviously not the version I was expecting. The first thing I noticed was a new ad in standby mode regarding how you can 'watch live and recorded television on your 2013 LG Smart TV or Sony Playstation 3 without any additional DISH equipment'. The next change I noticed was the formatting for episodes has slightly changed when you view a recording. If there is more than one episode of a show, it now displays Ep1, Ep2, Ep3, etc. whereas before it used to be 1, 2, 3. From now on, episodes will be divided by seasons if applicable. This shows in both the Info and saved recording. Unfortunately previously recorded episodes did not change over. For example, Ep18 is shown for yesterday's recorded episode but today's episode recorded as S2, Ep9. As I continue to use it, I hope it will prove to have addressed most of the timer and recording issues which have been giving most of us grief for the last few months.

Last edited:
The email I received from DISH about this updates states it includes timer sharing/force on dual Hopper systems. It's not manually selectable.

The email I received from DISH about this updates states it includes timer sharing/force on dual Hopper systems. It's not manually selectable.

What about quad Hopper systems?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Just got it. So far all I see new is Multi Swap. It's basically like PiP Swap except you can do it with up to 4 channels (tuners) now. .

I don't think that is new. If I hit the Recall button, I get the last 4 things watched, including what I watched on the dvr. I still have 342.

Anybody do a test of transferring a half dozen movies to the EHD?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

They didn't clean up the Closed Caption start up. Still multipushs to get it going. I don't understand why they can stop it with two less button pushes but can't start it the same way.

Don't think it made it into this update. Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Good. If/when it does make it, there absolutely needs to be an option to disable it!

Anybody do a test of transferring a half dozen movies to the EHD? Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm afraid to. Just recently one of my HwSs corrupted 500GB in shows when I transferred to EHD. It's definitely not the drive.

Anybody do a test of transferring a half dozen movies to the EHD?Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I actually did do that earlier and they all transferred without an error. However, I still can't get certain episodes of some shows which I've never been able to transfer (such as the series premiere episode of Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey) to transfer. I still had an error when I tried.

Btw noticed this morning in YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - SELECT it now does a speed test on your broadband connection. I have a 45/6 connection.

Attachments

• image-3000774339.jpg
    image-3000774339.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 375
Good. If/when it does make it, there absolutely needs to be an option to disable it!

Yes! Accessing timers from both Hoppers will be a nice feature if you can enable/disable it.

I don't think you will be able to access the timers. It will just push them to the other Hopper in the case of a timer conflict. You can then access the recording from the other Hopper by using the whole home DVR functionality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)