Hopper with Sling Software Version S529 Is Here

See post 169. I have had a similar issue, but when mine blacked out during a recording it rebooted. I haven't experienced the increased audio.

Many versions ago, my HWS would black out and then come back if I deleted a recording from a very long list -- the criteria seemed to be that the list had to be long enough to trigger the bug where scrolling past the end of it would cause the current screen's worth of entries to scroll rather than jumping back to the beginning of the entire list. I don't remember if this would interrupt a recording or not. The only thing I remember for sure is that it didn't do a total reboot because it came back on after a second or two, but the broadband icon in the banner would always show as disconnected for a while. I hadn't had one of these blackouts in a long time, until two nights ago.

More problems with S529. Now most every recording stops halfway through, especially 2-hour regular and season finalés. Backing out and going back to the beginning via the DVR page is the only way. And then you can FF to the spot where it stopped and continue from there usually with no more interruptions.

Our other HwS at the exact stroke of 1am did a Blackout Long Reset. So the HwS in the media room is not the only one doing weird stuff since the past couple updates. I rather doubt that it's a hardware issue. This has all been since the S52x updates on both machines. Wouldn't be the first time "odd" behavior happened due to software and it won't be the last.

Our other HwS at the exact stroke of 1am did a Blackout Long Reset. So the HwS in the media room is not the only one doing weird stuff since the past couple updates. I rather doubt that it's a hardware issue. This has all been since the S52x updates on both machines. Wouldn't be the first time "odd" behavior happened due to software and it won't be the last.
Again today at 1:00:00am. No warning, I was watching a recorded program and there was one recording and boom the black screen and this time it was a full reboot. I'll be interested in seeing if it asks to do it again later, as it has in the past.

The 1 am Black Out reset is now causing major problems. It happens no matter what is going on, black and out. This morning both HwS at the same time. One went black and the other locked up in the middle of watching a VOD. Had to Red Button Reset it. When it came back up there were no recordings on it at all. It is now slowly repopulating the recordings. This is plain ridiculous. We're a "second shift" family and watch a majority of TV all night. And this happens every night. THEN it asks at 1:30 to do the nightly reboot and every hour after that if you don't let it do it.

It just seems that what with all that is said and stated about these "glorious" machines, things like this should not happen. I'm scared to death of the CUI and H3 after all I have read that has been posted here. None of my neighbors that have DTV have any problems like this.

Am also sending this to the DIRT rep that I have been talking to about upgrading.

I think your main concern will be addressed by the H3.

We are all going to get the CUI, for better or worse. <sigh>

Most of the concerns will be fixed via S/W updates. Not all.

They aren't going to retrofit a red recording in progress light.

I'm sticking with my two HWS for the foreseeable future.

I did the "forced CUI" and was so glad that it was reverted when S529 came out. But as I said, the are so many bugs old and new. It's getting to be more like a game of "Centipede" dodging all the bugs. With all the reports of what's going on with the H3, I'll be sticking with my HwS's for a long time to come also. But am dreading the CUI switch over and take a sigh of relief very morning when I find I haven't been updated.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I did the "forced CUI" and was so glad that it was reverted when S529 came out. But as I said, the are so many bugs old and new. It's getting to be more like a game of "Centipede" dodging all the bugs. With all the reports of what's going on with the H3, I'll be sticking with my HwS's for a long time to come also. But am dreading the CUI switch over and take a sigh of relief very morning when I find I haven't been updated.
There is nothing like you have discussed going on with my HWS, and it (if a bug at all) would appear is not widespread. My unit is pretty much bug free.

Last edited:
There is nothing like you have discussed going on with my HWS, and it (if a bug at all) would appear is not widespread. My unit is pretty much bug.

". . . pretty much bug ridden?" Just joking.

Lucky you. But I have seen others post too or at least reply to my posts of these issues since I started posting them. I have two HwS doing the same things in these regards. If it were just one . . . well then. Hopefully, it's not a matter of time for you and you'll be spared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)