Hopper with Sling

sam fisher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 16, 2008
SF Bay area
Any ideas when Dish will formally announce? I have been checking all day. I saw a press release, but when I called Dish they said "we have no official announcement about when this equipment will be available."

I have been on U-Verse for 2 year, Dish for 10 before that. I miss the Dish DVR and the Hopper looks great.

I miss Disney HD and all ESPNs in HD, though. I would have thought Dish would have resolved those issues as they were going on before I left Dish...

Any ideas when Dish will formally announce? I have been checking all day. I saw a press release, but when I called Dish they said "we have no official announcement about when this equipment will be available."

I have been on U-Verse for 2 year, Dish for 10 before that. I miss the Dish DVR and the Hopper looks great.

I miss Disney HD and all ESPNs in HD, though. I would have thought Dish would have resolved those issues as they were going on before I left Dish...

People have been upgrading all day. It released today. I would chat or call in if you want one.

I just called. Normal rep wanted to charge me (a new customer) $199 upgrade fee. Kicked me to next level support and he offered me $199 upgrade fee but an extra $10 off my bill for 10 months.

This after being told when I signed up that I should "just call the day before and tell them you want the new equipment. They will jut swap it out for you" with the assumption on my part that it meant "for free." Not sure what to do. Any advice? I'm considering canceling and waiting until it is offered free to new customers in a few months.

I could see how they might have a limited supply of the Sloppers at the start. Now I did just check their website, and acted like I was signing up for new service, and it doesn't give you the option of Hopper 1 or 2, it only gives you the Slopper and there is no option to add the Sling.

I just called. Normal rep wanted to charge me (a new customer) $199 upgrade fee. Kicked me to next level support and he offered me $199 upgrade fee but an extra $10 off my bill for 10 months.

This after being told when I signed up that I should "just call the day before and tell them you want the new equipment. They will jut swap it out for you" with the assumption on my part that it meant "for free." Not sure what to do. Any advice? I'm considering canceling and waiting until it is offered free to new customers in a few months.

This was my case, i was pushed up to the retention and spoke to a manager there and was told I was lied to from the first day install that I would be able to swap boxes. I was able to get the box without a charge, so I know it can be done. From the Dish website it shows the new box being the only one they are selling with new service and it said free.

Now, i'm not a 100% new customer, but I've only had my service for like 7 days now.

Ok, I have a 922, 722K, and a 211 and five tvs all HD. I just upgraded, to one Hopper with Sling, one Hopper, three joeys and install. The first rep quoted me $400, I said no way and was thinking about going DTV. Put me on with another rep and got it for $150, with $10 six month credit. Pretty decent deal, install set up for Saturday. Do have a question for those of you who have Hoppers. I have external harddrives on all receivers I know they will work with Hoppers but will they reformat when hooked up to Hoppers? Has anyone done this, I have some recordings I would rather not lose.

Do have a question for those of you who have Hoppers. I have external hard drives on all receivers I know they will work with Hoppers but will they reformat when hooked up to Hoppers? Has anyone done this, I have some recordings I would rather not lose.
Your EHDs will NOT be reformatted. You will be able to use them as you do now.

For what it is worth, new customers can sign up today for Hopper with Sling for free.

Since I signed up the 15th an install hasn't happened yet, they Are trying to treat me as an existing customer. Having a hard time with their service. I see not much has changes on that front in 2 years.

I got the New Hopper now all install I tried to tell the tech I think it takes 24 hours for the new software to kick in. We could not connect to the Dish Anywhere on the laptop or iPhone. The new software is 3.01 now.

Became Dish Subscriber in October 2012. Called tonight, wheeled and dealed. Got the new Hopper coming tomorrow, $150 upgrade fee, and $5 dollars off my bill for the next 12 months. Not the BEST, but will work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)