Hopper with U204 reset to factory

s10zr2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Cincinnati, Ohio
Does anyone know if there is a way to hard reset the hopper with U204 back to when you first get it with no recordings and no timers? Since I am having problems with my two hoppers transferring recordings between each other and getting corrupted, I thought maybe I could do a hard reset to stop the problem.

Does anyone know if there is a way to hard reset the hopper with U204 back to when you first get it with no recordings and no timers? Since I am having problems with my two hoppers transferring recordings between each other and getting corrupted, I thought maybe I could do a hard reset to stop the problem.[/QI
Does anyone know if there is a way to hard reset the hopper with U204 back to when you first get it with no recordings and no timers? Since I am having problems with my two hoppers transferring recordings between each other and getting corrupted, I thought maybe I could do a hard reset to stop the problem.
I had to do a hard reset on my new Hopper 3 when I got it back in February - it returned the receiver to "factory defaults" as far as settings and such but had no effect on Timers and Recordings. I can't speak for the HWS but I suspect that they must work the same in that regard.

I had to do a hard reset on my new Hopper 3 when I got it back in February - it returned the receiver to "factory defaults" as far as settings and such but had no effect on Timers and Recordings. I can't speak for the HWS but I suspect that they must work the same in that regard.
Yep it does the same. I am looking for a way to completely bring it back to the original condition.

Yep it does the same. I am looking for a way to completely bring it back to the original condition.
I've never heard of any way to do that as far as recordings are concerned - short of manually deleting everything.,.. although, come to think of it, I kind of remember (a long time ago - with an older Hopper) a way of reformatting the hard drive. Sounds like maybe a tech-support thing?

Last edited: