Hopper with Universal Remote (MX-450)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

buckybadger2014

Original poster
May 13, 2014
Milwaukee
Hey all,

Recently switched to DISH, and having some trouble getting my MX-450 remote completely synced up (mainly the color buttons) with my hopper. I bought a 20.1 remote to try to learn the buttons through IR, but haven't had any luck. Anyone have any experience with this? Do I need to get the 20.1 remote working with my Hopper first for this to work? Because I can't seem to get it to sync with the hopper.

Any better ideas how to get this working? I have the code set to 1 on the remote, and IR activated on the Hopper.

Thanks
Jeff

Thank you for the response. I am trying to use the learning feature, and can't get it to work. I talked to DISH support and they said there was no way to use the UHF remote that came with the hopper to "teach" the universal remote the buttons. I read that I could buy the old IR remotes, which is what I did. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong with the 20.1, since it doesn't control the Hopper, and whatever I learn on the Universal remote from the 20.1 doesn't do anything.

Do I need to get the 20.1 working with the Hopper to have the codes the Universal remote learns mean something? Or does that not matter?

Apologize for the dumb questions, I am just very close to having this setup, just can't get the d*mn colors working!

Thanks

I thought you had a 40.0. Umm... You could try enabling ir on the Hopper through the remote manager. Then set the remote to ir 1. Then maybe the controls will function as you want. I know that cross platform back up and restore does not work, but this may.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks for response. I do have 40.0, but was told by DISH Support it couldn't send an IR signal. So I bought the 20.1, which the MX-450 at least gets an IR signal from, and seems to "learn" something, but the button doesn't actually do anything. Do I need to have the 20.1 working with the Hopper for it to be able to teach something to the MX-450?

I'm guessing the 20.1 was the wrong remote to buy, and I should have bought a 20.0. Although I thought I have read about the 20.1 working.

Link the 40.0 and teach that. It doesn't communicate with the Hopper via ir, but it does with the TV. The commands you teach it are IR, and TV commands. I've used the 20.0 and 40.0 to control everything from my blue ray player to my xbox.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Another dumb question, but why on earth would any universal need to learn Dish codes? Built in codes work fine. They haven't changed in at least 15 years.

On the 20.1 remote press and hold in the sat button until all mode buttons light up, press 1, #, and record. The sat button will blink three times after you press pound, press record after it does. Remote address 5 and 20 will work too. This also works on the 21.0 and 21.1 remotes with the green tv1 tab and the switch inside the battery casing flipped to IR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)