Hopper won't resume playback where I tell it to

seenett

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
Eugene, Oregon, United States
Hope this hasn't been asked yet; because I did search this in other posts but didn't find it.

So my Hopper/Joey system will not resume playback at the point it asks me. If I pause or stop watching a recorded program on any Joey or Hopper and then try to resume later from another location, it always starts at the beginning again. It does ask where I would like to resume - from Master bedroom, Kitchen, Garage, or Hopper (wherever I stopped it), but it ALWAYS starts from the beginning again.

Anyone else have this issue, or know of a solution?

Are you trying to access the recorded show just through the DVR or are you switching over to the tuner that was watching the recording?

When I pause a recorded show then go to another room to watch the same recorded show it asked me what part of the show I wish to resume from.

I recorded all the E3 specials on G4 a few weeks ago. There were several of them over a week. Most of them played back fine and let me stop and resume as I pleased. One of them that was 5 hours long kept losing my place. Because I didn't sit there and watch it for 5 hours straight I had to start from the beginning and fast forward to where I left off 3 separate times. That is the only recording I have had this problem on but due to it being 5 hours long it was particularly annoying. This was longer than the rest of the E3 recordings and anything else I have recorded on my hopper so I'm not sure if the length had anything to do with it.

Scherrman said:
When I pause a recorded show then go to another room to watch the same recorded show it asked me what part of the show I wish to resume from.

I've only noticed this with programs that have finished recording. It asks me what part i wish to resume and then starts over from the beginning anyway.

For me the resume functionality (particularly when switching between receivers) has been hit-and-miss. Mostly hit though.

I am posting to say that I just this very minute experienced an example of this. :-/

This issue combined with a few others, most notably, the tendency of my box to intermittently declare that I do not have the right to view my own recordings is making me increasingly malcontent.

I don't have problems resuming from paused points for regular recordings. However, if I pause a PTAT recording with AutoHop enabled and resume at another receiver it goes back to the program start with AutoHop disabled if I ask for AutoHop. If I don't ask for AutoHop it resumes from the stopped point. Weird.

If you are having an issue with resuming playback on a different TV, please send me a PM with your account information and software version. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you are having an issue with resuming playback on a different TV, please send me a PM with your account information and software version. Thanks.

Zach, my problem actually occurred when I stopped a recording and later tried to resume it on the same TV. Like I said earlier though, mine appears to be a one time thing so I'm not sure it's worth looking in to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)