Hopper1

Are Hopper1s still being installed? Also, are Hopper DUOs still being installed as well? I heard Hopper Duos are junk and a lot of people had issues with them, is this true?

• Haha
Reactions: pattykay
Are Hopper1s still being installed? Also, are Hopper DUOs still being installed as well? I heard Hopper Duos are junk and a lot of people had issues with them, is this true?
Yes, Hopper Duos are being installed. I had a leased one installed in January. However, Dish will charge you a one-time $25 fee for this "upgrade" without telling you about the fee first. :mad:

The main issue I had with purchased Hopper Duos before that was that every time I would deactivate them, and then reactivate them again later, I would lose DVR functionality. The model shown on the Diagnostics screen would change to Hopper Duo D, and all DVR functions were disabled. I would have to call a special phone number to get the DVR functions reactivated. I think that this is a glitch specifically with my account, though, since I was using them on the same account as a ViP222k.

Hopper 1's are being installed for low credit or pay-as-you-go customers. VIP 211's are still being installed, but not often. You heard 100% wrong about Hopper Duo's

I really don’t know about Hopper Duos. They probably were junk when they first came out, however, I think they might have improved on them over the years.

I really don’t know about Hopper Duos. They probably were junk when they first came out, however, I think they might have improved on them over the years.
More like the opposite. Hopper Duo had so much promise when it first came out, but it was not completely baked yet. For example, the Dish Music app would not work properly with DTS Play-Fi. Eventually, Dish seemed to just give up on ever getting that to work on Hopper Duo. At one point, Dish had been working on adding Hopper Arcade, YouTube, and YouTube Kids to Hopper Duo. Hopper Arcade got scrapped (and was also removed from all other receiver models that already had it). Any plans to add YouTube and YouTube Kids also have apparently been scrapped. Several other apps, such as Home Media and More Video Services, have been removed, although those apps were also removed from all other receiver models. The only difference is that Hopper Duo has not gained much to replace the apps that were removed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)