High Pitch Noise from Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mojorisn

Original poster
Jan 29, 2021
Michigan
My next door neighbor just moved in, they have their dish pointing at the sky but directly at our home. We have a high pitched frequency noise in our home we're trying to troubleshoot.

Is it possible the dish could be causing this noise? I've searched and found that some people have had the dish fail which caused noise. Thanks.

The dish may look like it is aimed at your house, but it really is aimed at the satellite in the sky (follow the arm to the lnb, that is a more accurate aim point).

My next door neighbor just moved in, they have their dish pointing at the sky but directly at our home. We have a high pitched frequency noise in our home we're trying to troubleshoot.

Is it possible the dish could be causing this noise? I've searched and found that some people have had the dish fail which caused noise. Thanks.

I don't think it would be the dish itself. it doesn't transmit anything. however, if you or your neighbor have any ultrasonic pest control devices in the home that could be the source, especially if they go bad. I've had that happen. could be a computer monitor also. I have a pc monitor (samsung curved) which recently started to emit a high pitch noise. im replacing it today. those noises tend to cause me headaches.

I don't think it would be the dish itself. it doesn't transmit anything. however, if you or your neighbor have any ultrasonic pest control devices in the home that could be the source, especially if they go bad. I've had that happen. could be a computer monitor also. I have a pc monitor (samsung curved) which recently started to emit a high pitch noise. im replacing it today. those noises tend to cause me headaches.
I hope you don't ever get ringing in the ears. It is driving me crazy.

I hope you don't ever get ringing in the ears. It is driving me crazy.

for as long as i can remember my grandfather had ringing. heard him complain about it many times when i was a kid. said it was like a high pitched tone all the time that never quits. i recall he liked to have the tv or the radio up a little loud because he says it helps with the ringing.

Reactions: charlesrshell
for as long as i can remember my grandfather had ringing. heard him complain about it many times when i was a kid. said it was like a high pitched tone all the time that never quits. i recall he liked to have the tv or the radio up a little loud because he says it helps with the ringing.
There are hearing aids now for Tinnitus to counter react the ringing. I have an appointment with an ENT / Audiologist shop in a couple of weeks to figure out what to do. It is hard to get to sleep. I have to do something to help it.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
If it could be determined the frequency of the ringing (I have it too) and if it were actually audible to an in-ear microphone, then it would seem that out-of-phase signal could be provided at that frequency to cancel the ringing as detected at the eardrum. Maybe those are available, I'd be curious.

If it could be determined the frequency of the ringing (I have it too) and if it were actually audible to an in-ear microphone, then it would seem that out-of-phase signal could be provided at that frequency to cancel the ringing as detected at the eardrum. Maybe those are available, I'd be curious.
I don't think it is audible. I think most of it is in the head. I will be finding out with the ENT doc.

• Sad
Reactions: bspei and TheKrell
There are hearing aids now for Tinnitus to counter react the ringing. I have an appointment with an ENT / Audiologist shop in a couple of weeks to figure out what to do. It is hard to get to sleep. I have to do something to help it.
Regarding hearing aids you may need. I have been wearing Resound hearing aids for about three years. I went to an ENT for wax removal and had a hearing test by an audiologist. She recommend hearing aids for $5,000.00. My primary care doctor told me about Costco hearing aids. The hearing test was free. I just picked up my new hearing aids which cost $2700.00.

Regarding hearing aids you may need. I have been wearing Resound hearing aids for about three years. I went to an ENT for wax removal and had a hearing test by an audiologist. She recommend hearing aids for $5,000.00. My primary care doctor told me about Costco hearing aids. The hearing test was free. I just picked up my new hearing aids which cost $2700.00.
Just a note to say if you are a veteran you can go to VA for hearing aids and the cost for the aids is 'free!' You may have to pay for the hearing test and the hearing aid tuneup but that amounted to a total of $100 for me. So, I got a $5000 pair of Signia (Siemens) hearing aids for a grand total of $100...

Just a note to say if you are a veteran you can go to VA for hearing aids and the cost for the aids is 'free!' You may have to pay for the hearing test and the hearing aid tuneup but that amounted to a total of $100 for me. So, I got a $5000 pair of Signia (Siemens) hearing aids for a grand total of $100...
I did a VA audio test in 2009. They acknowledged I had ringing in the ears that they couldn't hear and I passed the hearing test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)