High Pitch Noise from Dish?

I did a VA audio test in 2009. They acknowledged I had ringing in the ears that they couldn't hear and I passed the hearing test.
While I have tinnitus in both ears I also have severe hearing loss in both ears at higher frequencies. That is the specific reason for the hearing aids. My hearing aids are capable of Tinnitus masking but I'm not using it because, after many years, I am just used to it so I just ignore it.

While I have tinnitus in both ears I also have severe hearing loss in both ears at higher frequencies. That is the specific reason for the hearing aids. My hearing aids are capable of Tinnitus masking but I'm not using it because, after many years, I am just used to it so I just ignore it.
I hope I can ignore my Tinnitus someday. Did you try out the Tinnitus masking? Did it work? Shame on me to the OP for diverting this thread to something else. Sorry

I only hear my tinnitus when something happens to cause me to think about like this thread. Do you bluetooth tv audio into your hearing aids. I do and it works great.

Tinnitus (which I have) can sound (be heard) many different ways and different frequencies. Some people have a low 'wooshing' sound, other have a hissing sound, others have ringing, and others have a high-frequency noise. As indicated above, there are now (in our electronic world) many things in our homes that can cause 'noise': fans, lcd displays, Carbon Monoxide detectors, toys, etc. If you are older than 50 and have tinnitus, have a young person come to your home and help you locate the problem. For sure, the noise is not from your neighbor's satellite dish or any of their electronics. The problem is in your home. Good luck

I only hear my tinnitus when something happens to cause me to think about like this thread. Do you bluetooth tv audio into your hearing aids. I do and it works great.
I have a very expensive sound system in my viewing room. There is no way I'm going to bluetooth it to my stereo hearing aids. The option is there though. And no, I haven't tried it...

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have the constant high-pitch (around 7800 khz) range but luckily it fades in and out though the day. Mornings and afternoons are OK, but by nighttime, like right now, it's pretty constant and sounds like one of the old oscillator tubes going bad.

I have a very expensive sound system in my viewing room. There is no way I'm going to bluetooth it to my stereo hearing aids. The option is there though. And no, I haven't tried it...
The wife loves my little $200 bluetooth streamer. She can mute the tv so she doesn't have to listen to the crap I watch:D

Altitudinous finally went to ENT appointment yesterday. I have moderate hi frequency hearing loss that probably is what causing the hi pitched noise I hear (Tinnitus). Probably caused from my Air Force aircraft mechanic career field. He said hearing aids would help the noise during the day and a noise machine might work at nite time when I go to bed to mask the noise.

Reactions: TheKrell
Altitudinous finally went to ENT appointment yesterday. I have moderate hi frequency hearing loss that probably is what causing the hi pitched noise I hear (Tinnitus). Probably caused from my Air Force aircraft mechanic career field. He said hearing aids would help the noise during the day and a noise machine might work at nite time when I go to bed to mask the noise.
If you are going to get the hearing aids I would suggest that you go to VA for them. I did the same with my hi frequency loss, also an Air Force vet. The total cost for my hearing aids including tests and tuneup was $100. The $4000 hearing aids were free. I was directed as a suggestion by my ENT at Kaiser Permanente. I bless that doctor daily! :)

If you are going to get the hearing aids I would suggest that you go to VA for them. I did the same with my hi frequency loss, also an Air Force vet. The total cost for my hearing aids including tests and tuneup was $100. the $4000 hearing aids were free. I was directed as a suggestion by my ENT at Kaiser Permanente. I bless that doctor daily! :)
Thanks Bobby. My ENT place suggested the same thing. I did file a VA claim in 2009. Got 10% for ringing but denied my hearing loss because I didn't have anything in my AF records for hearing issues. I have put in a call to the local State VA office yesterday to see if I should file again. The Audiologist at the ENT office said the VA has relaxed the rules some. I am a 26 year AF vet from the crew chief career field. C-5s, C141s, EC47s, and several other birds. Awaiting the State VA office to call me back. Time will tell. Thanks again.

Thanks Bobby. My ENT place suggested the same thing. I did file a VA claim in 2009. Got 10% for ringing but denied my hearing loss because I didn't have anything in my AF records for hearing issues. I have put in a call to the local State VA office yesterday to see if I should file again. The Audiologist at the ENT office said the VA has relaxed the rules some. I am a 26 year AF vet from the crew chief career field. C-5s, C141s, EC47s, and several other birds. Awaiting the State VA office to call me back. Time will tell. Thanks again.
I went to my local Federal VA Clinic in Santa Rosa, CA for my issues. They didn't blink an eye. They just tested my hearing and ordered up the aids and then tuned them up to my exact hearing losses.

I went to my local Federal VA Clinic in Santa Rosa, CA for my issues. They didn't blink an eye. They just tested my hearing and ordered up the aids and then tuned them up to my exact hearing losses.
Thanks again Bobby. I have robbed this high pitch noise from the dish thread enough with hearing issues. Sorry everyone. I am going to send you a PM Bobby.

Reactions: TV Junkie
If the VA can't help and you have to pay for your aids out of pocket here's one thing to remember. At the major hearing centers (Miracle Ear, etc.) the personnel are paid on commission, but at Costco they are on salary. It does make a difference.

As an aside, after I was discharged in the mid 70's I worked for the local VA hospital for a couple of years. They did a lot of good but based on the one where I worked you couldn't pay me to go there. Things must be better now but back then the JCAH rated our operating rooms as being on a par with a field hospital - not good.

If the VA can't help and you have to pay for your aids out of pocket here's one thing to remember. At the major hearing centers (Miracle Ear, etc.) the personnel are paid on commission, but at Costco they are on salary. It does make a difference.

As an aside, after I was discharged in the mid 70's I worked for the local VA hospital for a couple of years. They did a lot of good but based on the one where I worked you couldn't pay me to go there. Things must be better now but back then the JCAH rated our operating rooms as being on a par with a field hospital - not good.
Thanks EatMyVolts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)