Hopper2000 and Dish Anywhere.

Dishman1978

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
California
So I know that windows phones do not have an application to run Dish Anywhere, but can anybody verify that a browser can be used to stream programming to a windows phone?
Only thing preventing from getting one, not knowing if it will work.

I don't believe it does currently....

However CES is next week and who knows what surprises they have for us.

Another thing to consider is that just two weeks ago the Slingplayer app became available on Windows phones so since both are basically the same I think it's only a matter of time until we see a Dish Anywhere app for windows phones.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last time I checked the Hopper 2000 does not work with Dish Anywhere, you need a Hopper with Sling or Maybe a Sling adapter.

You would be correct!

Yes I have a sling adapter on my reciever. It wasn't worth me making the switch over to the Hopper with sling since I haven't picked up a tablet worth using with it.

Just want to stream to a windows phone.

Yep. That's how one of mine was set up until I moved to HWS.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I don't believe it does currently....

However CES is next week and who knows what surprises they have for us.

Another thing to consider is that just two weeks ago the Slingplayer app became available on Windows phones so since both are basically the same I think it's only a matter of time until we see a Dish Anywhere app for windows phones.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I hope you're right (and yes, you usually are), but there have been many other versions of SlingPlayer out there for non iOS/Droid devices that never got any Dish Anywhere love. It's pretty depressing.

Can't comment on the availability of Dish Anywhere for Windows phones.

But to clarify, the only feature that the H2000 will not support is IOS and Android transfers (when it is fixed). Otherwise the H2000 and HWS both work fine with the Dish Anywhere app. I have one of each Hopper and stream from both and watch DVR recordings from both all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)