Hopper2K S428

oldengineer

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 14, 2011
Lower Macungie Township, PA
Got it on 1 Hopper this morning. Announcement screen just said something about maintenance updates. Joey S364 may be available but my Joeys are linked to the Hopper that didn't update so they're still at 363.

I can live with the 100% watched bug (for the time being) - I'd hope they've done additional tweaking to help performance. It's much improved with the last update, but I still notice some slowdowns (between remote presses and the receiver responding, slow menu changes, etc) during PTAT.

Age old question, why can't we find out what the updates have fixed or added from Dish. There should be somewhere we cal look up what the software updates have done. We read so many posts, "is this fixed", "is that fixed". Most other companies, that have software updates, have places to look up and see "What's New".

Not everyone uses all the features of the H/J, some may not even know of them. Those who do use them and have a problem with feature "X" and are interested in having it fixed should be able to know that Dish has tried to fix the problem with "X". They can then test it in real world situations and give feedback to DIRT or whoever. Would be nice.

Last edited:
Noticed S364 on a Joey this morning. Didn't have time to check the Hopper before work. Noticed one difference right off. When you go to change the picture format. Instead of cycling through the options it brings up a small window at the bottom with all your choices and you arrow over to the one you want.

I received s428 and discovered that this afternoons shows did not record. When I looked at the timers, I found that they are one hour later than originally set. Jeopardy went from 2:30 to 3:30. General Hospital went from 1:00 to 2:00. These shows ran at these later times about a year ago. The shows look like they will not record as far as I can see into the grid. I created new timers for these shows and deleted the old ones.

Noticed S364 on a Joey this morning. Didn't have time to check the Hopper before work. Noticed one difference right off. When you go to change the picture format. Instead of cycling through the options it brings up a small window at the bottom with all your choices and you arrow over to the one you want.

I saw this on a new install today as well.
I also noticed a "soft"reboot button but can't remember where it was

Come to think of it , being able to reboot from a joey is a good feature.
I have more then once had to haul my underwear wearing ass out of bed and down to the living room to reset the hopper late night.
Even better would be not having to reboot....ever

Got a message on my HWS this morning to the effect "Software version 335 is up to date." It seems odd to me to flash a message that you are up to date, when clearly it is not.

(Sorry, I meant to post this in the HWS thread.)

Got a message on my HWS this morning to the effect "Software version 335 is up to date." It seems odd to me to flash a message that you are up to date, when clearly it is not.

(Sorry, I meant to post this in the HWS thread.)

I keep getting that every night!!! :)

Not a lot of people commenting about this update.... I wonder if it's a very small-scale roll-out (and a let's see what happens push) or if it's just coming in slow phases ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts