Hopper2K S428

Not a lot of people commenting about this update.... I wonder if it's a very small-scale roll-out (and a let's see what happens push) or if it's just coming in slow phases ?

It got installed on mama's Hopper and I haven't played with it but she did mention that the "100% watched" bug on unwatched shows is still there. There are also no blue "S" markers on saved PTAT shows.

It got installed on mama's Hopper and I haven't played with it but she did mention that the "100% watched" bug on unwatched shows is still there. There are also no blue "S" markers on saved PTAT shows.

Doubt Dish will add the icon back, but hoping I'm wrong. Just this evening I wanted to check a few items to see if they saved (mostly because I have issues with PTAT save timers). Had to keep going to the more info screen for every one. Such a quick fix to put them back but still do not understand their logic in removing the icons in the first place.

I have seen that if you record shows back to back on the same channel, it does not cut the first one off at the point where the next show starts. There is some overlap now.

When you hit "format" it lists them across the bottom of the screen instead of just changing by pushing the button repeatedly.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Doubt Dish will add the icon back, but hoping I'm wrong. Just this evening I wanted to check a few items to see if they saved (mostly because I have issues with PTAT save timers). Had to keep going to the more info screen for every one. Such a quick fix to put them back but still do not understand their logic in removing the icons in the first place.

:amen:

With S428, I'm still seeing some performance issues that haven't quite been fixed yet - There is still often a delay between when you press the cancel button to open the top banner and when the time remaining information is displayed. In addition, when you use fast forward, when the FF bar opens, the time position shown on the bar is where you were the last time the FF bar was opened and then the time jumps to where you currently are. I can't recall these being issues prior to before that last couple of updates. The delay in the time remaining when you press cancel is the most annoying of the two.

I don't know if this is from this update or prior but did anyone notice that when you hit info you don't see the little Satellite icon unless you hit it another time for the info screen to go off, then another to go come back on, then once it's there the actual sat number shakes.

It was originally like that, as I recall - you had to hit INFO twice (the first was translucent) to see what satellite the channel you're viewing was from. A couple updates ago they changed it to show on the first INFO. Looks like they reverted it back.

I got the update on the second Hopper this morning, along with S364 for the Joeys. I'm disappointed to say that this update did not fix the CC startup problem when watching a recording. A pause-pause sequence is still required to start it at times. It also did not fix the hanging of CC text when going through commercial breaks.

Last edited:
Starting to believe that the guy that used to program the HDDVR's for DirecTV has gone to work for DISH. DirecTV HDDVR's always used to be slow and Dish's were fast and smooth.. Now it has all reversed itself..

Also not fixed: the issue with getting an empty PTAT folder when accessing it after watching a recorded event in My Recordings. You have to exit out and do it again for anything to show up.

Also not fixed - very slow response for some time after power on, and slow response when switching from a recording or upper channel to a local channel. (no OTA)

In fact, other than adding the new reset capability I can't see anything that was fixed or improved with this update.

I pine for the good old days right after autohop was put in. These boxes were fast and reliable and autohop was a 1 second black screen.

Two problems I am having since update:

Pandora not working. Message says cannot connect with service provider. Everything else using internet connection works and test shows broadband connected.

DVR show plays end, whatever came on after what I recorded, plays a couple of minutes and then up pops the box like it is end of recording. If I exit and go back in, it works fine. Maybe this is connected with the 100% played bug?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I received S428 on 3/6, but woke up this morning to the OK box telling me that performance and maintenance updates were done. EHDs still don't work....

if your "not recognized" means that you cannot send to the EHD or receive then try transferring the other way.
This so you can use your time while waiting to do a reset. You may get by just powering off the EHD.
My HwS and/or EHDs seem to lock to one direction of transfer.
Sometimes I can switch direction without a reset but not so most times.
It can usually go either direction immediately after a reset.
Right now I have 4 transfers going so I do a lot of this.
-Ken