Hopper3 deleting recordings by itself

mrbreeze640

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
Had all this season's episodes of the Chicago shows (Fire, Med and PD) recorded. 5 of each. Now have 5 PD and only 2 of the others. Also lost all episodes of Glory Road, a NASCAR show. Seems like the Hopper3 deleted them by itself. PTAT is off.

Anyone ever have this happen?

Had all this season's episodes of the Chicago shows (Fire, Med and PD) recorded. 5 of each. Now have 5 PD and only 2 of the others. Also lost all episodes of Glory Road, a NASCAR show. Seems like the Hopper3 deleted them by itself. PTAT is off.

Anyone ever have this happen?

Sorry to hear that you are having this issue, mrbreeze640. Were these shows set up as individual timers or were these recorded through PrimeTime and since then, PrimeTime has been disabled? Are you showing any of these programs listed in the Trash folder? -Christina W.

All are on individual timers.
PTAT has been disabled since day one.
None are in the trash folder.

All are on individual timers.
PTAT has been disabled since day one.
None are in the trash folder.

Gotcha. When you go to the Daily Schedule, does it show that the recordings were completed? You can get to this schedule by pressing the DVR button on your remote, and going to the schedule tab.

That screen will only show 5 days back.

The missing episodes were recorded 3-5 weeks ago.

They were showing in the corner of the tile where it shows how many episodes you have recorded. That count went from 5 to 2 by itself on the Chicago shows some time between this Monday and Wednesday. The NASCAR shows completely disappeared. I think there were 7 episodes of it.

That screen will only show 5 days back.

The missing episodes were recorded 3-5 weeks ago.

They were showing in the corner of the tile where it shows how many episodes you have recorded. That count went from 5 to 2 by itself on the Chicago shows some time between this Monday and Wednesday. The NASCAR shows completely disappeared. I think there were 7 episodes of it.

I understand. Let's go ahead and make that there isn't any hard drive errors going on with your receiver. Let's go ahead and press the Home button three times (5X.X) or the Menu Button two times (40.0). This will take you to the DISH Diagnostics screen. From there, let's head over to the tab on the left that says "Status".

Once there, let's press "Check Status", and a pop up will come up where you can choose "Yes". Once that ends, can you tell me what comes up in Box H?

Great! Can you tell me how full is your DVR? The DVR library needs to be less than 97% full to record new content.
Is that a setting?
Mine is always at or near 100%, but is recording just fine. As far as I can tell, the oldest recordings are automatically deleted when needed to make space for new recordings.

Reactions: JSheridan
currently at 30%

Thanks! I've gone through my information here and it's telling me to go ahead and search to see if these episodes will air again, and to re-set the timer for this program. If you're able to contact us at this link (Request Rejected) we'll be able to leave notes on your account about this issue you're having for future reference!

- Phoenix

I can probably find them on demand. Just don't want to lose any more shows in the future.

I'll contact you tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: charlesrshell
My H3 hasn't done this so far as I can tell. The only thought I have is that your H3 has developed a hardware problem. Or you have a poltergeist. :D

Reactions: charlesrshell
Does the H3 act like a TiVo when the hard drive is full, i.e, it deletes the oldest recordings to make room for the new ones?

mrbreeze640, My Hopper3 has been doing this same self deleting for several months.

The work around is to archive to an external HD.

Dish must have done something in some old update that f'ed up the software and started this auto deleting. And they've never fixed the problem.

I didn't notice it until the hard drive on the Hopper3 started getting full.
But it never goes away and you never know when it will delete something.

But try getting in touch with someone to fix it.
Never gonna happen with dish or any of these big companies.
None of them care enough to setup a "report your problems" dept. , so we can fix it.

I've just started dumping to a external.

And make the video players ok before transfering.

I've had some that play and stop or won't even play as dish corrupted the video file.

If you try and dump to external it might corrupt the external.

Hope that helps.

bjf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts