Hopper3 & Dish Remote 40.0 Cannot get TV or AUX coded

BuddTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 26, 2004
Hello,

I love my new Hopper3 (came from a VIP722k, which was great for many years, but was showing it's age).

However, I am not a fan of the new 52.0 Remote, it is usable, but I like the older format Dish Remotes much better, or I am just used to it. (And I like a dedicated remote at each place that I sit)

I was able to successfully get both 40.0 remotes to pair with the Hopper3, as well as get my old Harmony 670 coded to my Hopper3, but I cannot, for the life of me, get my TV or AV Receiver set up on either of the 40.0 remotes. My 52.0 remote works perfectly with both my TV and Receiver.

FYI, my TV (on the 52.0) is:
Panasonic, 1291
and the Aux (AV Receiver) is:
Pioneer, 1935
(As it appears on the Hopper3 settings)

I have tried all three options:
1. TV Pairing Wizard,
2. Teach Commands,
and
3. Enter Pairing Code

When I try Option 1, I get this error:
Attention 0001
Unknown Error
To Program your Remote at a later time select Cancel

Option 2, just does not work (no results)

and Option 3, says invalid code, when I enter in 1291 (for TV) or 1935 (for AV Receiver).

I bought both remotes from Amazon, if that matters.

While I am very technical, I am also not above making stupid mistakes, but I was able to successfully code every other remote, even those arcane universal remotes from the 90's.

So, do you think the remotes are broken, or is there a Hopper3 issue, or is there a loose nut behind the keyboard <grin!>.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

With the error message of 001 it is letting us know the system was installed using a SW-AJ switch. What needs to be done is that switch needs to be removed due to the receiver is not communicating with it. If the message is 0001 I am not seeing a report about this. Are you able to provide me a screen shot of it?

I have tried hitting the reset button, I will try unplugging the receiver, and see what happens.

The code definitely was 0001, and not 001. I am in IT, so I know things like that are important.

If the unplugging does not work, I will take a picture.

(Oh, I am at work, so I will have to wait until this evening to try again)

Thanks,

I've seen this error as well when trying to program the remote control.
I just yanked the plug, let it reboot, and it worked after with no issue.

Unplugging the Hopper3 for 5-10 minutes, and hitting the reset button prior to plugging it back in worked, thanks!

My two 40.0 remotes are all programmed correctly now, thanks!

Reactions: avediswolf