Hopper3 dvr % full and anywhere

enjanir

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2016
I've had my h3 coming up on 2weeks now. I found that smart prepare for mobile keep turning itself on randomly. After finally getting it to stay off I noticed that my dvr % was rather high.

Dish anywhere (pc) matches dvr and ptat recordings
Dish anywhere (iOS app) shows completely different. Refresh once and it matches 90%, refresh again and it shows nothing, refresh again and it shows items not on the H3, refresh again and it shows items which have been deleted on the H3.

When "missing" shows were visible in iOS I was able to delete them, sometime they would show in the H3 trash folder, other times it would not.

Currently I have 6 ptat shows (5hrs), 3 recorded shows (2hrs), 1 rental (1.5hr) and the dvr is 18% full. This usage seems high, I would swear with my old HWS this few shows never took up this much space. I wonder if there was an issue with the prepare for mobile and the files and just sitting taking space.

Is there a way to perform a full reset and fully wipe the H3's hard drives?

If you really wanted to go that route you may try to back up the recordings to an external drive so there are no recordings on the H3 and I believe in the diagnostics section of the Hopper there is a reset to factory settings/defaults. That may get rid of unnecessary stuff on the drive, honestly have never tried this. Then you could move back the recordings and if it still says 18% then you know this is a real capacity estimate. I would not worry too much unless you are one to record and rarely watch and fear you will max out soon. Our family has over 350 recordings on the H3 and we're somewhere in the mid to upper 60% range. Binge watching time!

Actually I did try the reset to factory settings. It appears as that feature does not in fact touch the recorded content.

Dish anywhere (iOS app) shows completely different. Refresh once and it matches 90%, refresh again and it shows nothing, refresh again and it shows items not on the H3, refresh again and it shows items which have been deleted on the H3.

When "missing" shows were visible in iOS I was able to delete them, sometime they would show in the H3 trash folder, other times it would not.

Same issue here. Pretty annoying.

I've had my h3 coming up on 2weeks now. I found that smart prepare for mobile keep turning itself on randomly. After finally getting it to stay off I noticed that my dvr % was rather high.

Dish anywhere (pc) matches dvr and ptat recordings

Currently I have 6 ptat shows (5hrs), 3 recorded shows (2hrs), 1 rental (1.5hr) and the dvr is 18% full. This usage seems high, I would swear with my old HWS this few shows never took up this much space. I wonder if there was an issue with the prepare for mobile and the files and just sitting taking space.

Is there a way to perform a full reset and fully wipe the H3's hard drives?

I'm glad someone else is having the same trouble I'm having with Dish Anywhere App, and I sure hope they figure out a way to fix it soon. It's not really Dish Anywhere if you can't access what's REALLY on your DVR LOL

Mine has all 8 days of PTAT and shows 21% full just like my Hopper 2 did so it seems accurate to me

Thanks for the info...that gives me a nice frame of reference. Do you have smart enable for mobile turned on or off?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts