Hopper3 + Hopper Duo Dish Configuration

richkess01

Original poster
Nov 20, 2023
New Jersey
Hello,
I have a 1000.2 EA DPH lnb and using a hybrid duo hub. I am trying to install a Hopper 3 and a Hopper Duo. It seems that only 1 receiver works on this config. I get an error message that says "The receiver is connected to the wrong port of the lnb. Please connect the receiver to port 1 of the lnb". I tried swapping the receivers but I still get the same message on whichever one is connected to the 2nd port of the duo hub. When I get that message, the receiver seems to be locked up and I am not able to run a check switch.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Gas Jewellery Electrical wiring Rope Wire

May have to use a DPH42 switch like with other dual Hopper installs.
Thanks for the correction, Bobby.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Hello,
I have a 1000.2 EA DPH lnb and using a hybrid duo hub. I am trying to install a Hopper 3 and a Hopper Duo. It seems that only 1 receiver works on this config. I get an error message that says "The receiver is connected to the wrong port of the lnb. Please connect the receiver to port 1 of the lnb". I tried swapping the receivers but I still get the same message on whichever one is connected to the 2nd port of the duo hub. When I get that message, the receiver seems to be locked up and I am not able to run a check switch.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Gas Jewellery Electrical wiring Rope Wire
THe Hopper Duo works off a DPP LNBF. The Hopper 3 off a DPH LNBF. When a Hopper 3 is plugged in, it "kills" the output of the 2nd port on the LNBF. That's why your Duo doesn't work.
The easy way, 2 Dishes.
The harder way, DPP LNBF. Ports 1 and 2 out to the DPH 42 Switch and connect the Hopper 3 to that.
The 3rd output to the Hopper Duo.
I've never actually seen this setup but it seems it should work

Reactions: charlesrshell
THe Hopper Duo works off a DPP LNBF. The Hopper 3 off a DPH LNBF. When a Hopper 3 is plugged in, it "kills" the output of the 2nd port on the LNBF. That's why your Duo doesn't work.
The easy way, 2 Dishes.
The harder way, DPP LNBF. Ports 1 and 2 out to the DPH 44 Switch and connect the Hopper 3 to that.
The 3rd output to the Hopper Duo.
I've never actually seen this setup but it seems it should work
You meant the DPH42 switch didn’t you….