Hopper3 Software H329 Joey3 Software J529

I'm being told my Joey 4 is in standby mode every time I push the power button. I do that every time I'm not watching TV.
I really don't have an answer as to why the Joeys aren't updating. Maybe on of the vaunted Dish personnel that shows up here will have a better answer. I'd like to know it, for one thing.

Reactions: charlesrshell
ReceiverQuest
HopperH129
Hopper with SlingH229
Hopper 3H329
Hopper DuoH429
Joey 1J129
Joey 2/Wireless JoeyJ229
Super JoeyJ329
4K JoeyJ429
Joey 3J529
WallyW529
Hopper Plus System FileP111
Hopper Plus APKP11101
Joey 4 System FileP511
Joey 4 APKP51101
Wireless Joey 4 System FileP611
Wireless Joey 4 APKP61101
Where is the J4 & WJ4 APK in the diagnostics menu?

Where is the J4 & WJ4 APK in the diagnostics menu?
It doesn't show up.
2022-09-25 10.38.41.jpg

What did you mean then?
The receivers use an Operating System. An APK is not an operating system, it's a package that runs in the system. There are a LOT of packages in the OS's on each receiver. So I don't know what exactly the Joey and Wireless Joey 4 APK's are

The receivers use an Operating System. An APK is not an operating system, it's a package that runs in the system. There are a LOT of packages in the OS's on each receiver. So I don't know what exactly the Joey and Wireless Joey 4 APK's are
I believe the APKs are showing up as the Android App Version in the Diagnostic screen. If you look at my picture I am on Android App Version P50711 and the current one you posted is
Joey 4 APKP51101

Manually updated both of my Hopper3 receivers to H329 and my Joey3 to J529.
TV Enhancements and Caller ID notifications got shut off after the update. I turned them both back on.
My Caller ID has been turned on from day one. I have handmade junctions that have line switches so we can see more than one line. But ages ago it has stopped showing on the screen. BUT the calls are listed in the logs. I hope this fixes that. I'd like to see the CID back on the TVs.

I see a lot of people trying to update their Joeys, but forgetting the software comes from the Hopper in the first place. Android TV does update from the internet from what I’ve seen, but the base software is still delivered from the Hopper. Can you guys check the “Available Joey Software” section in diagnostics on your Hopper’s? If P511 does not appear there, it probably doesn’t matter how many times you place the Joeys on standby, it won’t update. Also, there should be an option to redownload Joey software on the Hopper tools, if the Hopper updated but the Joey software did not that might be worth a try.

I'm being told my Joey 4 is in standby mode every time I push the power button. I do that every time I'm not watching TV. Could it have something to do with having the HP disconnected?
The joey must be connected to the Hopper at all times. All programming and recordings come from the Hopper.

The Joey is nothing but a terminal connected to the Hopper (server).