Hopper3 user manual

judyintexas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
I found a thread that is more than a year old that conclude that there is no Hopper3 user manual. Is this still true? I want one!

A year ago when I replaced our ViP 622 with a Hopper 3. I was shocked/disappointed to discover that learning how to navigate the new user interface was an exercise left to the user via:
* trial and error,
* educated guesses,
* and far more useful/valuable -- getting help by asking questions on this forum :)

Thank you to all of you. Tom K, at least the one you directed me to *looks* like the 622 manual, and I expect it covers much of the same ground. Thank you! Is this one at least fairly current?

Hall, I had seen that link before and, not only did it not answer my question abut how to record new shows only, but wen I chatted with Dish, two representatives insisted that this is impossible.

TalonDancer, so, I asked about how to do that on this forum and got an immediate answer. However, I won't even know to ask if I don't know the capabilities of the device, so I will read the manual that Tom K referred me to, and only ask you folks if I can't find out by myself. It's just how I am...

Thank you to all of you. Tom K, at least the one you directed me to *looks* like the 622 manual, and I expect it covers much of the same ground. Thank you! Is this one at least fairly current?

Hall, I had seen that link before and, not only did it not answer my question abut how to record new shows only, but wen I chatted with Dish, two representatives insisted that this is impossible.

TalonDancer, so, I asked about how to do that on this forum and got an immediate answer. However, I won't even know to ask if I don't know the capabilities of the device, so I will read the manual that Tom K referred me to, and only ask you folks if I can't find out by myself. It's just how I am...

I found this in the time it took to type the question.
How to Record on a Hopper | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Is that what you are looking for? Without that guide I was able to navigate to that on my Daughter's Hopper when I set it up for her. (I don't have a Hopper)
If you do read the forums you must have seen posts about not believing CSR's....

....TalonDancer, so, I asked about how to do that on this forum and got an immediate answer. However, I won't even know to ask if I don't know the capabilities of the device, so I will read the manual that Tom K referred me to, and only ask you folks if I can't find out by myself. It's just how I am...
I know the flimsy pamphlet that came with your Hopper 3 looks like a glossy puff piece. But it actually includes a lot of good info (if you ignore the pretty photos). Together with the “info” button, that provides online help for every screen on the Hopper 3, you can usually find out how to do most things.

Reactions: HipKat and Tampa8
No one makes good interface manuals any more, and they constantly get updated with little or no notice.

I know the flimsy pamphlet that came with your Hopper 3 looks like a glossy puff piece. But it actually includes a lot of good info (if you ignore the pretty photos). Together with the “info” button, that provides online help for every screen on the Hopper 3, you can usually find out how to do most things.

The newest book isn’t flimsy. It’s about 20 pages, done well

Reactions: littlecloud319
Customers don't get boxes anymore in the St Louis area.
That's because you have Dish Internals there and they went to a tote system on their vans, breaking down everything and storing it all in totes. I found out recently Dish is coming in to our shops this spring to set our vans up that way and I'm extremely upset about it. Just to vent a bit, I don't work for Dish. I spent years developing a storage system on my van that works for me - the guy actually working out of the van. But Dish holds companies like our ransom by threatening to withhold jobs if we don't bow to them.

Maybe they should spend more time figuring out how to get off the top of the Worst Companies To Work For list every year instead of letting some college boy, white collar office jockey that's never gotten a single callous on his hand tell the people who do the work how set up their work environments.

/Rant over

That's because you have Dish Internals there and they went to a tote system on their vans, breaking down everything and storing it all in totes. I found out recently Dish is coming in to our shops this spring to set our vans up that way and I'm extremely upset about it. Just to vent a bit, I don't work for Dish. I spent years developing a storage system on my van that works for me - the guy actually working out of the van. But Dish holds companies like our ransom by threatening to withhold jobs if we don't bow to them.

Maybe they should spend more time figuring out how to get off the top of the Worst Companies To Work For list every year instead of letting some college boy, white collar office jockey that's never gotten a single callous on his hand tell the people who do the work how set up their work environments.

/Rant over
I can appreciate that, sounds like micromanaging.

ALMOST sounds like you’ll have a case that due to the degree of control, you are employees and not independent contractors.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts