HopperGo impressions

spoiler1041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
Fl
1. The cord just fits from back to front. If the H3 is in a cabinet, plugging in the micro is difficult.

2. Says 100 hours but is only 64GB so not sure of the resalution. Picture seems fine on my note edge.

3. Won't power off if plugged in.

4. Password didn't change. ***Didn't see the SAVE at top right that disappears after a few seconds.

5. Only access via DA, Web Access via a pc would be nice.

6. 1 hour of HD took 2 minutes but up to 32 if it was not already prepared (setting my timers to auto).

7. The wifi reach further then I expected (I only went to other side of house and it worked, maybe 60-70 feet).

8. Has same DRM as DA. Some get copied (left on H3) others get moved (no copy left on H3). It does warn you when it is being moved.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobvick
It's not usb 3. Make that #9. :)

The HopperGo isn't? o_O

Sorry...poor assumption on my part. I figured it was USB 3 since you were trying to get to the back port on the Hopper. Is there some reason you couldn't just plug it into the Hopper's front USB Port since its only USB 2?

The HopperGo isn't? o_O

Sorry...poor assumption on my part. I figured it was USB 3 since you were trying to get to the back port on the Hopper. Is there some reason you couldn't just plug it into the Hopper's front USB Port since its only USB 2?
For me
Yes there is, it's called a wife. :) Anyone else....nope.

Reactions: gasman882001
Does setting your timers to auto prepare for mobile still cause the already watched bug on the Hopper 3? It was the reason I set them all to not prep for mobile in the first place.

Do you see a pattern as to what programs are copied (original left on DVR) vs. moved? I'm sure the movie channels are all moves but am curious if you see a pattern to other programs that are moves vs copies. My phone has little available storage so haven't played around with Dish Anywhere much on it to know the answer to this question but am curious before deciding whether or not to order a HopperGo. Thanks.

From Scott's earlier description, I understood that the USB3 port supports charging (has the amperage) while transferring (at USB speed).

My most significant disappointment with the HopperGo is that it will only work with the DishAnywhere App and not with the browser based DishAnywhere site. That leaves it unusable with the many people who have Windows based tablets. It is time for Dish to create an App for the Windows based phones and tablets.

Reactions: spoiler1041
My most significant disappointment with the HopperGo is that it will only work with the DishAnywhere App and not with the browser based DishAnywhere site. That leaves it unusable with the many people who have Windows based tablets. It is time for Dish to create an App for the Windows based phones and tablets.

Thanks for posting I was going to buy with intent of using with my Windows-based tablet!

5. Only access via DA, Web Access via a pc would be nice.

Try an app on the PC such as BlueStacks or DuOS which allows Android apps to be run in Windows. Then you should be able to run the Dish Anywhere Android app on your PC. I haven't tried yet but I see reports online that it should work.