HopperGo impressions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
maybe it should be obvious and maybe I'm just not awake, but what is the USB "output" on the GO used for? Or maybe "how" would be a better question since output should be self-evident.

Reactions: xfoneguy
I thought it was for your personal pics and videos meaning not dish shows.

https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hoppergo/how-to-use/transferring/content-from-device
Just looked at that, and you are probably right but there is no actual reference to that particular USB port - is there any sort of "manual" for this device? I'm assuming that copying from my phone for instance, to the GO would probably use this port? The typical cable would work. I'll have to play with it.

"Personal content such as pictures and videos can be transferred from your mobile device to your HopperGO using the DISH Anywhere app. To view transferred content, plug your HopperGO directly into your PC or Mac using a USB cable"

Just looked at that, and you are probably right but there is no actual reference to that particular USB port - is there any sort of "manual" for this device? I'm assuming that copying from my phone for instance, to the GO would probably use this port? The typical cable would work. I'll have to play with it.

"Personal content such as pictures and videos can be transferred from your mobile device to your HopperGO using the DISH Anywhere app. To view transferred content, plug your HopperGO directly into your PC or Mac using a USB cable"
The link I put there is the only manual.

Try an app on the PC such as BlueStacks or DuOS which allows Android apps to be run in Windows. Then you should be able to run the Dish Anywhere Android app on your PC. I haven't tried yet but I see reports online that it should work.

Current version of DishAnywhere App does not work with either DuOS or BlueStacks.

I thought I had read (somewhere) that any programming I moved to the "GO" would be a "transfer", meaning it would be gone from my H3. That isn't happening for the most part. I was moving a block of NCIS recordings yesterday, and 2 or 3 of them triggered a popup telling me that they would "no longer be available on the Hopper" (or something to that effect). I bailed on those because I didn't want to lose them on the Hopper. But all the other recordings I've copied have been just that - copies. Is this supposed to be true?

I thought I had read (somewhere) that any programming I moved to the "GO" would be a "transfer", meaning it would be gone from my H3. That isn't happening for the most part. I was moving a block of NCIS recordings yesterday, and 2 or 3 of them triggered a popup telling me that they would "no longer be available on the Hopper" (or something to that effect). I bailed on those because I didn't want to lose them on the Hopper. But all the other recordings I've copied have been just that - copies. Is this supposed to be true?
It all depends on the carrier.

Reactions: xfoneguy
Dish needs to provide a Windows app for Dish Anywhere for Windows tablets and phones
Why? They have maintained that there are no plans to do that, since the beginning... And they are buddy buddy with Apple... Seems they have made their decision to blatantly say no to this.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts