HopperGo Won't Connect

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tobsandmags

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
My HopperGo won't connect to my Hooper 2 with Sling (new UI). Because of this, I can't transfer new shows to it. The list of pending transfers has a messaging saying they are waiting for connection of the HopperGo to the receiver. It's worked before in the past just fine (it's been a number of months since the last time I transferred shows). The UI pop up on the TV never shows up saying the HopperGo is connected.

I tried a factory reset after trying everything else I could think of. All the shows I had on the HopperGo were erased (as expected) but it still won't connect and allow me to transfer shows. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will need to use the DISH Anywhere App to do this. I understand you haven't done this in a while, so I want to run through the steps. The HopperGO must be connected to the Hopper in order to transfer recordings. Your mobile device cannot be connected to the HopperGO network when transferring content. Select DVR. Select the RECORDINGS drop-down. Select RECORDINGS. Swipe to and select the recording you want to transfer.
If applicable, select the episode you want to transfer. Select TRANSFER. Select Transfer to HopperGO. Select OK

Yep, that's what I'm doing. My HopperGo is connected to the receiver. My app is not connected to the HopperGo. I have TV shows waiting to transfer. Message says waiting for HopperGo to be connected to receiver.

Here is what it looks like when connected to the receiver.
IMG_6860.JPG

Waiting for HopperGo to connect.

Here is what it looks like when connected to the HopperGo
IMG_6859.JPG

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like your mobile device is connected to the HopperGo Network. You cannot transfer to a HopperGo while connected to its network. The HopperGo needs to be connected via USB to your Hopper. The mobile device needs to be connected to the Hopper via the DishAnywhere App on your regular internet service(s) and not the HopperGo network. Then you should be able to transfer shows.

Hmmm....let me trying explaining again. I connect to the receiver and put the show in the transfer queue as shown in pic 1. I then connect to the HopperGo and get the message in pic 2. The HopperGo is connected to the receiver via USB cable. The receiver won't transfer the show until it detects the HopperGo. Yet it is connected. It appears the receiver isn't detecting the HopperGo even though it is connected to it via the USB cable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking at pic 1, it shows you connected to the HopperGO WiFi network. You can't transfer shows while connected to the HopperGo WIFI network. Your HopperGo needs to be connected to your received via USB and you need to be connected to your local Wifi network and not the HopperGo WiFI network.

Reactions: Dudleydog73

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)