Horizontal line showing up on Fox programs. Anyone else??

resendes75

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
Massachusetts
For the last few weeks I have been noticing a horizontal line showing up on screen during all the primetime shows I watch on my local Fox network. It becomes more noticeable when frame changes or when there's movement on screen. Its less noticeable on the Sunday night animated programs. At first I thought maybe it was an issue with my tv. But then I noticed it only happens on my local Fox network. Doesnt happen on any of the ABC,NBC,CBS or cable shows. I also checked the other tvs on the house and it shows up and those as well on the Fox shows. FYI I have two hoppers and two joeys in the household.

I took a photo as reference and am including it. I paused the screen during a scene of tonight's airing of Raising Hope. Has anyone have this issue. I would really love to find out whats causing this as its been going on for at least 3 weeks now. Is something wrong with my dish? or System? I would appreciate any help!!!! Thanks!!!

-Paul

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
Just watched kitchen nightmares from Friday and it wasn't on my program. Possibly a problem with your local fox affiliate.

I saw this years ago. The line would be apparent every time there was movement, then disappear on static images. The top of the picture above the line is slightly out of sync with the portion of the picture below the line. Don't recall what caused it. It could be a Dish problem (receiver or Dish's WNAC satellite transmission) or it could be a WNAC problem.

resendes75,

1. Do both Hoppers do this? If yes, it probably is not a receiver problem.
2. Does the problem appear OTA? If it appears on satellite only, then Dish's satellite transmission is probably the problem.
3. If OTA is not available to you, ask one of your non-Dish neighbors if they see the problem when watching WNAC. It could be a WNAC problem.

Yes, it shows up on both hoppers. And also on the tv's hooked up to the joeys.

i used to have an ota antenna, not sure if it still works. will have to look into that.

I saw this years ago. The line would be apparent every time there was movement, then disappear on static images. The top of the picture above the line is slightly out of sync with the portion of the picture below the line. Don't recall what caused it. It could be a Dish problem (receiver or Dish's WNAC satellite transmission) or it could be a WNAC problem.

resendes75,

1. Do both Hoppers do this? If yes, it probably is not a receiver problem.
2. Does the problem appear OTA? If it appears on satellite only, then Dish's satellite transmission is probably the problem.
3. If OTA is not available to you, ask one of your non-Dish neighbors if they see the problem when watching WNAC. It could be a WNAC problem.

Nothing on the CT or FL Fox channel. Either a WNAC problem or an uplink problem I would suspect.

thanks guys for all the responses. Hopefully someone in my area sees this thread as it would be good to know if anyone else with Fox WNAC has this problem as well.

Does it start at the bottom and scroll upward or is it static?

On occasion what you describe, a line slowly moving up the screen has happened to me. When it happened it was for everything fed into my TV from the DISH box though not from other sources. Usually reseating the jacks or using different input/outputs takes care of it. My guess it has to do with oxidation building up and messing with the signal. This is just a guess.

An Update on this, yesterday I spoke with a relative of mine, who lived about 20 miles away from me but he also has Dish and the WNAC Fox affiliate. He also reports this horizontal line showing up on screen during the Fox network shows. So this is definitely an issue with either the Dish upload of the channel or a problem at WNAC

I see the line on my VIP612. It is only the dish channel. WNAC using my OTA is fine.

I am also having audio problems on WLNE prime time shows. All the audio seems to be directed to the left rear speaker only. I have not tested the OTA channel yet. Every time I want to test it I seem to be recording a different channel.

UPDATE - The audio problem is on both the Dish channel and the OTA channel. So this problem is with the station.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
Looks like this issue might have been resolved. I'm watching Fox's primetime shows from tonight, and so far have not seen the horizontal line appear as of yet. Fingers crossed, hopefully it doesnt re-appear

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts