Horizontal lines on Dish

PPeterson

Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
I have a 52" Mits DLP with a Dish 622 receiver. I have a dish on the roof for 110 and 119 and one on a pole in the yard for 129. Last couple months I'm seeing horizontal lines about a inch apart with a slight tilt that roll up and down the screen. It's intermittent but usually they are there. I don't see them with OTA or my DVD player. I changed out the 622, I tried a different TV input. I tried a new monster Component cable. Nothing has helped. I have dish scheduled to come out on the 24th but I am never optimistic about that! Anyone have any ideas on what these lines are and how I can get rid of them?

Maby it is your Lnb that has some defects to it. If you have another Lnb, tray that one..

Good Luck

I have a 52" Mits DLP with a Dish 622 receiver. I have a dish on the roof for 110 and 119 and one on a pole in the yard for 129. Last couple months I'm seeing horizontal lines about a inch apart with a slight tilt that roll up and down the screen. It's intermittent but usually they are there. I don't see them with OTA or my DVD player. I changed out the 622, I tried a different TV input. I tried a new monster Component cable. Nothing has helped. I have dish scheduled to come out on the 24th but I am never optimistic about that! Anyone have any ideas on what these lines are and how I can get rid of them?

I doubt its an lnb issue, generaly lines in a picture are an indication of electrical noise getting into the signal to the tv and if you can remember watching tv with an airial and the microwave came on you'd get lines. I would get an outlette tester and check your outlette, it would be a good idea to get a quality surge suppresor that will filter noise in the electrical outlette and put your tv and other a/v gear on it.

I do have my whole system plugged into a Monstor Power surge protector. I think it was about $400 so it is not a glorified power strip. Like you said, that should be filtering noise from the outlet and all indicator lights show OK. I did try my 622 plugged directly into that outlet and I experienced the same thing. I'm not real educated on eletrical wiring etc, although I did change that outlet from an old two prong to a grounded outlet and it has worked fine until recently and shows proper grounding on the Monster unit. Can you expand on the type of tester that I would need to check out that outlet?

If its on your local HD channels you might give your local stations a call due to it probably how their getting their feeds to Dish.

You can go to radioshack or any of the retail hardware stores and ask for an outlette tester. Some work with a series of lights to tell you if an outlette is bad and this is pretty idiot proof while others have a radius dial that you need to read carefully.

Since you've already swapped receivers we can rule those out and your on a monster surge but that cant be fully ruled out as even a surge can go bad but you've bypassed it and still the problem persists so we are left with the following.

1. Outlette is bad or may not be grounded properly enough that the surge cant see it.

2. Another appliance on the grid that the outlette is on is outputting a frequency back into the grid causing your problem, I've seen this with a refridgerator causing pixeling and audio dropout and low voltage lighting can cause problems to.

3. The tv could have an issue with the tuner board so try all the inputs that you can with the tv and receiver to see if the problem shows up on the rca/coax/componant/dvi/hdmi to see if it is exclusive to the receiver/service. If it shows up only on one or two of the inputs then you have narrowed it down to the tv but if it shows on all inputs then we are still looking at 1 and 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)