Horizontal lines on T.V. while receiver is in main/installation mode

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Joe_33068

Original poster
Apr 13, 2006
Hello to all,glad to have joined this site and take part in this exciting hobby of satellite receiving.Name here is Joe and I have a question related to setup/installation of my receiver.
When I installed all of the equipment (wineguard 33 inch dish with standard LNB(2250mhz capability) including my Captiveworks 600S receiver.I noticed on the T.V. horizontal lines continuing up the T.V. at the main menu/installment screen.I could not fix it via television set because it doesnt have this option.even unhooked it from the dish;and went as far as connectiong it to another source of electricity away from my apartment altogether (pool side-LOL).Still had this interference.I took it a FTA dealer many miles away and he hooked it up inside of a trailer container of his and guess what,no interference at all.
Now I am thinking a number of things that could be interfering with my receiver.
1) the other dish setups in my building? we have many in this 7 building complex
2) old/poor indoor/outdoor electrical wiring?
3) the tower (communications?) across the road thats about 1 or 2 blocks away and just south east of me? and is pointed directly at my apartment on the second floor.

I am very puzzled about all of this and if you can help I would appreciate it greatly! Joe:)

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum, sounds like it may be the Tower across the road that is causing your problem, did you use the same cables when you tried the system at another location?

If not I suggest snipping the coax ends and trying again, make sure you are using the BEST RG6 coax you can find, preferably quad shield! And snap and seal connectors.

Good idea to keep all your posts on this subject in this thread, you will get more help that way!

Want to say thank you for your reply.I did in fact go back to this dealer and buy new RG6 coax and I am still getting the horizontal lines plus audio is either medium volume or none at all.I guess I'll keep tinkering with it untill I figure out a solution or someone gives me more info pertaining to this problem.
Thanks again.
Joe_33068

Then, you may has the gounding issue here. But first check the cable from the receiver to TV, is it use jump cable or RCA type cable. or try use other cable to connect from receiver to TV and see what happen. Sometime bad cable from receiver to TV does has the same problem as you discribed.

By chance are you using the RF output to go to your TV? Have you tried CH3 and CH4?

Are you saying that the interference is ONLY on the menu screen?

Thanks guy's for the reply's.I am using two (2) pieces of RG6 cable connected together with a female/female connector.I was wondering if I use the "S-video" input from T.V. to receiver would this eliminate the problem(?).Yes I have the coax from T.V. connected to "T.V./VCR" RF -IN connection.
Thanks again for your help - Joe

Hi again!, no I do not have any ground connected at this time with the receiver or the dish.Would this be a major issue with the fact that I am getting horizontal lines not only in main menu but also when I go into channel screen for the sats?
thanks again - joe

I have the Captive Works receiver and had the same problem. I pushed the tv/radio button at the top of the remote, and the problem went away. Worth a try.

Thanks for the info but I am still having thesame problem.I went out and even purchased an "S video" cable and it only made the picture of the problem look better on my television screen-LOL,or should I say "Cry out loud -LOL
I am thinking of taking it back to my friend to see just exactly how he hooked it up to his T.V.set ;to see if there was any additional connections he may have done without me looking or other issues.
Joe_33068

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTV on C band

IA-6 Spin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)