Horrible service and I don't even HAVE Dish yet...

papalittle said:
One thing I tell people is to NEVER EVER call dish for installs, use a local retailer. local retailers usually can get you installed within a few days and most provide faster service if you need it.

Hehe yea......and I tell people to check with the BBB and what ever other office in the state and town they live in that handles complaints about businesses to see if the local guys have a track record. Local guys are no better than inhouse techs and inhouse sales teams and the evidence is everywhere on any site that talks about sat and cable.

A major problem I see all to often , are with the mailers promising airline tickets or pizzas for a year. or promising 180 channels and movie channels for $19.95. at least it looks that way on the flier. People with BIG HD tv's... 322 recievers WON'T get you HD quality on your tv. And doesn't anyone tell people they need a phone line????

caesar gdi said:
OMG that is BS. The installer always has a cell phone... a Nextel phone so they can call in and activate your service.

Not true for all areas yet.

Alvn8r said:
A major problem I see all to often , are with the mailers promising airline tickets or pizzas for a year. or promising 180 channels and movie channels for $19.95. at least it looks that way on the flier. People with BIG HD tv's... 322 recievers WON'T get you HD quality on your tv. And doesn't anyone tell people they need a phone line????

I'm with you on that. I'M SICK OF THOSE LIES FROM SALES PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

I also get a kick out of people who complain your late but won't pick up the phone when you call them or won't pick up the phone when you precall them.

My last word on cell phones... I use my own cellphone, not a Nextel, I pay for my cellphone minutes with no help from Dish or the company I work for. Dish Network actually wants us to use the customers phone for activation and closeouts. they have a caller id feature built into the process to speed up there call time.

as I see it, Dish network has over 12 Million customers and only a few have any real complaints, so we must be doing a pretty good job. I'm not gonna let the gripes of a few get me down.

Last edited:
as I see it, Dish network has over 12 Million customers and only a few have any real complaints, so we must be doing a pretty good job. I'm not gonna let the gripes of a few get me down.

Well you seem to have the "DN attitude" down pat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)