Horror Stories?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I was in Alaska, the 115 mph winds took care of our C-Band dish at the radio station. Thankfully we were only using Ku at the time, and that one stood still. I have pictures somewhere, and I may have to try and find a way to get it online.

Otherwise, all I personally have is an averted horror story. Two years ago, right after getting the dish up, we had a bad storm come through the Northern Minneapolis area. Straight-line winds took out the trees of our neighbors, took out the power lines, the poles for the power and phone lines, and gave my friend enough firewood for years. The Fortec dish didn't budge, and 5 days later when we got power back there was G11 just where I left it and as strong as it was before.

The reason I did is becuase thats the only place it could go without being in the way of the street or sidewalk

:mad::mad: Well, Got my Pole Installed. Ubolted a J-mount to it and slapped a dish 500 on it. Well I can get 119 and 129 but no 110. I check it out. HUGE maple tree in the way. So about anything west of amc 1 is out! I might be able to get a few in the winter.(have to call these my "winter birds":D. Well it not so bad, since i watch most of my tv in the winter. Last winter there was 1/2 inch of ice on my dish 500! It didn't kill the signal though. :D

How do you get 119 and 129 then? They are west of AMC 1

How do you get 119 and 129 then? They are west of AMC
I put my dish 500 dish on a porch . I cant get 110 because of a tree limb. Since I relocated my dish, all Is Well. I cant get 110 on the pole because there is a tree limb blocking it.

Back in 1991 i came home from a long 4 week vacation in France and noticed that the Winegard 3.1m Pinnacle dish i had was tilted downwards.

Someone had stolen the actuator from the dish and the dish was not damaged thank god.

I'm Bored:) Can someone tell me a horror story about their fta setup? Like the lnb being melted by the sun? Or the box catching on fire?
After installing the system, thet included two boxes, the set-up worked OK, but after 2 days wnt kaput. Turns out that one of the LNBs AND one of the boxes broke. Faar out coincidence and rather discouraging for a beginner. Smile. alkerza

damn? who steals a actuator they must have been on crack lol...

Back in 1991 i came home from a long 4 week vacation in France and noticed that the Winegard 3.1m Pinnacle dish i had was tilted downwards.

Someone had stolen the actuator from the dish and the dish was not damaged thank god.

last winter, my sg2100 stopped working and I had to get a replacement for it. I think it was mainly user error though. I've noticed on the colder days this winter that the new motor sometimes has some issues, but usually after moving it to another satellite and back all is well again...

As far as stealing a motor goes... roof mounts make that a little bit tougher to do, especially if the front of house is 2 stories, back of house is fenced in and has a dog that can access it 24/7 with a doggie door.

Status
Please reply by conversation.