Horror Story of No Show Installer

RickyMac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Phenix City, AL
Well, I finally took the plunge. Call with Dish took about 40 minutes. CSR had to keep reading new promotional information. I paid $549 by check + a 9.00 charge for processing the check by phone. CSR & verifying CSR both stated that this included installation + Quad LNB. CSR stated that installer would have everything that I needed on the truck. Also stated that I should receive 921 on Friday morning for a Friday afternoon (12-5) install. I would not bet on that happening, but we'll see what happens. Also, CSR stated that since I get Distant Networks, I'll get CBS-HD and that I did not need a second dish (Is that true?). Again, we'll see what happens.

I have had Dish since 1993. At one time all I carried were the Superstations and Distant Networks. I happen to be one of those people that was Grandfathered in when the law changed. If I had cancelled Dish completely, I would have lost Distant Networks.

I called Dish again because I did not see how they were going to get a 921 to me by Friday and have the installation on that same day. Well, the CSR told me that the CSR that sold me the 921 had made a mistake and I would have to be rescheduled til December 1st.

Also, the CSR checked and told me that I would not qualify to get CBS-HD, even though I get Distant Networks.

Well, the installer called the morning of the 1st and stated that he would be late. Boy was that an unstatement. He never showed (Name of company: Satellite Unlimited). I complained to Dish and was rescheduled to Sunday (today) between 12-5.

When the installed did not show on Dec 1st, I just unhooked the receiver in my bedroom and used the two lines from my Dish 500 to do the install myself. Not a very neat job, but everything works great and you are right.

Well guess what, the installer (Satellite Unlimited) did not show again, kept me here all day Sunday. I called Dish at 3 PM and was told that installer would arrive at 5 PM. Called at 5 PM and was told that installer would be here within the hour. Called at 6:30, after being on hold for a long time, the phone went dead. Called at 7:45 and was somehow connected to Darris at Satellite Unlimited. Darris stated that his installer Darryl called me at 7 PM and I told him not to come out. I asked Darris if he was calling me a lier and he stated "well based on the information I have at this time, I can't comment." I requested to speak to his boss and he said his boss was Jim and that he would connect me. After a time, Darris came back on the line and said that he would have to reschedule. I asked if the installer could be here at 6 PM tomorrow after I get home from work. He put me on hold again and then came back and said OK.

Well, they have missed two appointments and even lied about it and as much as called me a lier. I will let everyone know if they arrive tomorrow.

If me & my wife did not like the 921 so well, I would pack it up and send it back. I might have to if they don't show tomorrow. There will be some that disagree, but Dish has Voom beat on picture quality!!!

You will get CBSHD either on Satellite 65 or 148. But either way, you will need an additional Dish. I have a Super Dish and it won't pick up either 65 nor 148 so when and if I get CBSHD I will need another dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts