Hostess Snack Cakes Recall

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
Because of an error in packaging and the ingredients not being the same, these are being recalled.

You'll quickly notice the error if you're a regular Hostess cakes consumer.

1618497490503.png

I imagine most people select the product by seeing the contents anyway, rather than reading the name on the package.
My wife is so bad at that. She buys creamed corn thinking it's whole kernel corn frequently. And she hates creamed corn LOL. I asked her to bring home some "Cherry Coke" and she has failed three times in a row. I didn't realize how many versions of Cherry Coke there are and most of them are disgusting, LOL

Reactions: NYDutch
My wife is so bad at that. She buys creamed corn thinking it's whole kernel corn frequently. And she hates creamed corn LOL. I asked her to bring home some "Cherry Coke" and she has failed three times in a row. I didn't realize how many versions of Cherry Coke there are and most of them are disgusting, LOL

At least I can think of Cherry Coke "Regular", Zero Sugar Cherry Coke, Diet Cherry Coke, Cherry Vanilla Coke..... ;)

Well, at least you have something to donate when the USPS does their food drive next month. I happen to like creamed corn, but I think I was the only one in my family that did!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
Well, all this chat now has me thinking about getting me some cakes

But I'm not so much into Snoballs,

Gonna get me some Cupcakes, or Ding Dongs, or Suzy Q's..... :)

Reactions: TheKrell
Mine too except the opposite. She buys whole corn instead of creamed for our baked corn at the holidays. Also, I like regular bread and butter pickles. She has bought the spicy bread and butter pickles two different times. The first time I found out the hard way :flameso I always double check the labels now. ;)

I can! Snowballs. I hate shredded coconut.
That puts me in mind of something. Back in the late 40’s very early 50’s my mother worked in the Durkee Foods factory in Elmhurst, NY. She worked in the shredded coconut line. I remember being with her at work sitting in a break room. They kept me busy by continually putting coconut in front of me. I spent the entire day eating that stuff. You would think I would hate it after that but I still like it.

I was really disappointed when Interstate dropped the iconic Twinkies in 2012 even though I rarely ate them. Fortunately, someone saw the value in the brand and arranged financing to buy it out of bankruptcy and get Twinkies back on store shelves. The folks offering original Twinkies on eBay at $1,000 a box probably weren't too pleased about it though. ;)

Right, I do remember that, at some point the name Apollo Holding was mentioned, there was even a rumor about a Mexican company going out to buy part of it.

I do understand that eventually such Mexican company bought the right to use the name brand Twinkies just in Mexico, that is why when Hostess entered the Mexican market couldn't sell the Twinkies with such name, and had to name them Dollys.

1618608788296.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)