Hot Dog. How do you like it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I found a local Hot Dog/Sausage shop that sells traditional all beef/pork franks in natural casing. Crisp, sizzling, a nice snap from the casing, full of spice and sass with luscious juices with every bite! These dogs beat Nathan's any day of the week!

Anyways, last night I had a new revelation. After grilling one of these franks on the grill for a few minutes on each side, I cut a slit down the length of the dog to open it up. Then, I smeared cream cheese in the slit and topped with caramelized onions.

I've had many hot dogs in my day with just about every topping, but I think I may have had the best dog last night. Wow that was good!

Only two ways...mustard and onions or a Chicago style (sans tomatoes).

I buy Sabrett's Natural Casing All-Beef Frankfurters at Central Market. I dare say they are the best hot dogs I have ever had. I like to pan fry them to get that natural casing as crisp as possible.

I usually use Hebrew National or Nathans. If you live in a state where they are sold, Evergood Garlic Sausage is perfect. Product Display

The way I like it is to place Dijon mustard on the bun followed by sweet relish. Now add the dog and cover it in diced onion and sharp cheddar cheese. Cover the works with spicy chili. Eat with a knife and fork. Mmmmmmm.....

There's this hot dog joint/dive bar in Cleveland called Happy Dog. They pride themselves on the creativity of choosing from 50 toppings to dress your dog with!

One of my favorite combinations was a hot dog with peanut butter, grape jelly/chili sauce, bacon, fried egg and fruit loops!!!

l

I import my hot dogs from MI as they have the best dogs ever made. Another reason is you will never find any parts in the dogs up there (tails, ears, etc...). We buy Koegel Viennas and then top off our trip with a few jars of pickled balogna. Every time we have a cookout we get great complements from those dogs. We are even now purchasing extra for a few of our friends when we make the trip.

I import my hot dogs from MI as they have the best dogs ever made. Another reason is you will never find any parts in the dogs up there (tails, ears, etc...). We buy Koegel Viennas and then top off our trip with a few jars of pickled balogna. Every time we have a cookout we get great complements from those dogs. We are even now purchasing extra for a few of our friends when we make the trip.

You're from Ohio right?

While you probably don't even know it, there's locally homemade all beef/pork dogs with natural casing right under your nose.

Seek out Five Star hot dogs by Storer Meat Co.

You're from Ohio right?

While you probably don't even know it, there's locally homemade all beef/pork dogs with natural casing right under your nose.

Seek out Five Star hot dogs by Storer Meat Co.

I have never seen those in my parts of the woods. I grew up on Koegel brands so it is one that I really like. Does Storer use any parts in their dogs? I know that Koegel doesn't use any parts in their products. It is actually a state law that prevents the usage of pig or beef parts (ears, tails, etc...) in any of their products. I have also not found a brand of pickled bologna that even comes close to theirs. Luck for me, we make trips up there to visit family and they also smuggle them down when they come for visits.

I have never seen those in my parts of the woods. I grew up on Koegel brands so it is one that I really like. Does Storer use any parts in their dogs? I know that Koegel doesn't use any parts in their products. It is actually a state law that prevents the usage of pig or beef parts (ears, tails, etc...) in any of their products. I have also not found a brand of pickled bologna that even comes close to theirs. Luck for me, we make trips up there to visit family and they also smuggle them down when they come for visits.

Nope. 100% all beef or 100% all pork. No nasty bits or fillers.

I am not allowing my husband into this discussion. He is a born and bred NYer, who grew up in Manhattan so I think he is a hot dog snob! ;)

If it is a hot dog I can eat it!!! The traditional way for me is lots of yellow mustard down one side with relish on top and a thin line of ketchup on the other side, but I also love onions, sauerkraut, chili, oh, just about anything on a hot dog. :)

Raised from the dead another one, eh?

Interesting coincidence. I had two chili dogs for lunch with yellow mustard. Only I picked the Hormel instead of the Wolf. I like them both. Without beans, of course. Nathan's dogs. My onions were, sadly, no longer of this world, so I did without.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts