HOT Rumor.....SEC does not want to be left behind, looking to invite.....

How does Texas and A&M fir into the South EAST conference, there is NOTHING EAST about them.
What would all the SEC chanters do if they CHANGED the conference NAME ?

Like I said earlier none of this is about geographic footprints. It's about TV markets, and revenue streams.

The Conference names aren' t changing just ike the Big Ten has kept it's name since 1990 even tough they had a Conference with 11 teams.

Like I said earlier none of this is about geographic footprints. It's about TV markets, and revenue streams.

The Conference names aren' t changing just ike the Big Ten has kept it's name since 1990 even tough they had a Conference with 11 teams.

Ya know, the Big 16 might have to look into being a bit more accurate !

Except now you'll be part of the same SEC conference, so that means your going to have to start rooting for the SEC teams that play, whenever they play someone else, because as we well know form this forum, if your team is in the SEC and a SEC team wins the WHOLE Conference has won the game/championship.
Just because you tOSU fans are a bunch of sour pusses when your team crashes and burns, no need to knock us Southerners for finding a way to stay excited about the season, and finding a way to party. Gets awful quiet around this state when the Buckeyes aren't doing well, I must say. :D

Last edited:
Sorry Devin Hester and the 2 live Crew are ancient history.

What was the last game, oh that's right, 26-3. :rolleyes:

LMAO! Well, it wouldn't "ancient history" if the Lizards had the testicular fortitude to keep PLAYING The U. The U has never had issues playing anyone, anywhere and any time. There schedule has proved that over and over.

also if we're gonna add an eastern school I'd rather get Va Tech that adds another state and probably the DC market
Not really, Va Tech is in the Roanoke market, a very tiny market.
The major college football presence in the DC area is Maryland, with them and Georgetown splitting the basketball market.

When the ACC expanded, the only reason they took Va Tech was because the Virginia governor told UVa to vote no on anything that didn't involve Va Tech. The Hokies market share is next to nothing in the DC Metro area, even UVa is closer, and draws more, than Va Tech.

As Andy Katz reported recently, Texas A&M makes sense from a television reach aspect of getting the SEC in the Dallas market. While most are looking at this from a football perspective we must remember the other sports too and would adding any teams really benefit the SEC. I would prefer not to expand but if they do expand I could see adding four teams. Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, and Miami. That would get the SEC into some really nice markets and those teams could compete in most sports with the current SEC schools.

As Andy Katz reported recently, Texas A&M makes sense from a television reach aspect of getting the SEC in the Dallas market. While most are looking at this from a football perspective we must remember the other sports too and would adding any teams really benefit the SEC. I would prefer not to expand but if they do expand I could see adding four teams. Texas A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, and Miami. That would get the SEC into some really nice markets and those teams could compete in most sports with the current SEC schools.

Lots of TRAVEL for those Texas teams wanting to join other conferences.....
They would be better of keeping the conference they have.

Unfortunately, I think it's too late for that.

Looks like Texas A&M is set to make the move without the Longhorns.

Source: A pay site "Aggie Yell" covers all things in AggieLand.

Says A&M will indeed make the Move to the SEC.

Says the Hot T-Shirt Slogan in College Station

SECede!

Looks like Texas A&M is set to make the move without the Longhorns.

Source: A pay site "Aggie Yell" covers all things in AggieLand.

Says A&M will indeed make the Move to the SEC.

Says the Hot T-Shirt Slogan in College Station

SECede!
I grew up in the days of LSU vs. A&M to start the season. Was a great rivalry (to some). Bring 'em on!
club.gif
:D

First Nebraska splits from OU, now A&M splitting from Texas. The great college football rivalries are being abandoned. Next thing you know Army won't be playing Navy, and Harvard will split from Yale.

First Nebraska splits from OU, now A&M splitting from Texas. The great college football rivalries are being abandoned. Next thing you know Army won't be playing Navy, and Harvard will split from Yale.
Apparently the Texas/OU rivalry is taking precedent over the others. Rumors are that they will stick together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)