Hot Stove Baseball 2021-22

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Eduardo Rodriguez has signed a 5 year/$77 million contract with the Tigers. E-Rod had his share of ups and downs for the Red Sox, but I thought he was generally speaking, solid middle of the rotation guy. He went 19-6 in 2019, and then came down with COVID and heart issues in 2020. I wish him nothing but the best with the Tigers.

Reactions: Jimbo
Rumor has it that the Red Sox may be interested in bringing in Justin Verlander for a 1 year deal

Rumor has it that the Red Sox may be interested in bringing in Justin Verlander for a 1 year deal
Too late .... as Cosmo poster, JV returned to the Astros .... they can get him next year after his "Show Us" year after Tommy John .

If they don't get him quickly next year, there been rumbling that he would like to go back to the Tigers ... and also have AJ Hinch as manager once again.

The Mets are supposedly finalizing a 3-year deal for Max Scherzer.
saw that ...

Also theres talk that Correa may go to the TIGERS ... and AJ Hinch.

While I'd love to see it, I highly doubt that he will sign with them, he'll go to a contender I would imagine.

Tigers have a few good pieces in place, add Correa this year, JV next and a few others. :)

I will say this, IF deGrom and Scherzer can both stay healthy that’s quite a 1-2 punch.

Mariners to sign reigning AL Cy Young Award winner, Robbie Ray to a 5yr/$115 MIL contract

The Texas Rangers have invested a half BILLION dollars in their new double play combination- Marcus Semien and Corey Seager.

And here is what the owners want, relative to the post-season.

FOUR wild card teams per league.

Three division winners and four wild cards. Best record division winner gets a bye. #2 division winner get to pick which WC team it wants to play, 3 games, all at home. #3 division winner then does the same, and the two leftovers play, also 3 home games for the better team.

Division series would be best of 5, league and WC are best of 7.

IMHO, too many teams making the playoffs. That is 14 out of 30. 46.67%, one short of half.

Although the “pick who you play” deal seems like it would be fun. Lots of fodder for talk shows and cause for hard feelings between teams.

Three division winners and four wild cards. Best record division winner gets a bye. #2 division winner get to pick which WC team it wants to play, 3 games, all at home. #3 division winner then does the same, and the two leftovers play, also 3 home games for the better team.

IMHO, too many teams making the playoffs. That is 14 out of 30. 46.67%, one short of half.

Although the “pick who you play” deal seems like it would be fun. Lots of fodder for talk shows and cause for hard feelings between teams.
Did they say anything about how many games they were planning to cut off the regular season, would it be 30, say 1 month, just so they could get all the extra garbage played in the then POST season ....

By the Next contract they will be playing a "Round Robin" to get in the playoffs ... every team gets in .... :facepalm

Reactions: SamCdbs
Tigers signed SS Javier Báez from the Mets/Cubs ....
Going into the off season, Baez name came up as a very good SS that was a FA .... seeing I watch the AL side most of the time, I was not familiar with Baez ....

Is he a Top notch SS the Tigers have been looking for ?
I didn't expect them to sign Correa or Seager ....

Most likely going to have a lockout at midnight.
If they actually miss serious numbers of games, they will damage the sport in a way they will not come back from. The public, considering the current economy, is in no mood for this; and local governments are not going to tax citizens for 25 years and we need a new one stadiums.

Every year some real good teams start putting it all together, either coming back from injuries or a few key trades that helps the chemistry! Hockey uses a model a lot like this, I have no problem seeing more teams and good baseball to watch! The season should have a few less games, I am no fan of games being played in freezing weather, not good for the athletes, or the fans in the seats....

Reactions: BillD1984
If they actually miss serious numbers of games, they will damage the sport in a way they will not come back from. The public, considering the current economy, is in no mood for this; and local governments are not going to tax citizens for 25 years and we need a new one stadiums.
I think they reach a deal by spring training.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)