Hot Stove Baseball 2021-22

Wow! The first stoppage since '94-95, the one and only year the Montreal Expos looked primed for a very possible World Series title. Only 5 players making more than $1 million on that team. That team was something, a pair of HOF'ers (Martinez and Walker), a bunch of all-stars (Hill (while with Expos), Alou (career avg > 0.300), Wetteland (the less said the better)), and a number of playing well at the time young players (Cordaro, Grissom, Fletcher). Best record in Baseball, when it all just stopped.
Shut down the stove, baseball is in a lock out.
Posting on Baseball is still allowed, but people aren't allowed to like posts. ;)

Wow! The first stoppage since '94-95, the one and only year the Montreal Expos looked primed for a very possible World Series title. Only 5 players making more than $1 million on that team. That team was something, a pair of HOF'ers (Martinez and Walker), a bunch of all-stars (Hill (while with Expos), Alou (career avg > 0.300), Wetteland (the less said the better)), and a number of playing well at the time young players (Cordaro, Grissom, Fletcher). Best record in Baseball, when it all just stopped.

Posting on Baseball is still allowed, but people aren't allowed to like posts. ;)
????
What do you mean "But people aren't allowed to like posts ?

The Mets have hired Buck Showalter to be their new manager. In a lot of ways this reminds me of the Red Sox hiring Bobby Valentine 10 years ago.

The Mets have hired Buck Showalter to be their new manager. In a lot of ways this reminds me of the Red Sox hiring Bobby Valentine 10 years ago.
Pleasantly surprised by this. He is a great manager just not wanted in todays game. The Yankees did him dirty in 95.

Reactions: BillD1984
The loss of the NL playing baseball at the superior level is sad.

What is odd is in the context of the “lock out” is this is a gift to the players, as a DH is generally a fat old player well past the rookie contract system; while the complete ball player he is taking the spot of is going to still be under the control of the team. Why give the players something for nothing?

DH is generally a fat old player well past the rookie contract system
I found this very funny the first thing that crossed my mind was Babe Ruth! lol
Yes I much rather have a pitcher who bats around 100 being the 9th batter!...lol