Houston Astros on hot water over illegally stealing signs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't like the fact that if I got a pitcher thats dominating and an inning comes up that looks promising, you got to potentially take him out ... in the AL, the dominating pitcher stays in the game.
Thats why I prefer the DH.
And that's where good managers shine, whether to pull the pitcher or not.

As well as the pitchers taking batting practice.

Perhaps you aren't familiar with the DH rule. The DH can hit for anyone in the lineup, not just the pitcher.

And I am sure you have 1000s of links to the many 1000s of times the DH has hit for someone else, right?

I’m very familiar with the rules of baseball. Including the bastardization of the game that is caused by the DH.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
And I am sure you have 1000s of links to the many 1000s of times the DH has hit for someone else, right?

I’m very familiar with the rules of baseball. Including the bastardization of the game that is caused by the DH.
Did I say or even insinuate that it had been used any specific number of times? No I didn't. Why would you even ask the question?

What about all of the other rules changes? Are they bastardizations, too?

Manfred’s horrid (and somewhat racist) idea of forcing pitchers to face 3 batters, certainly is a bastardization.

Baseball isn’t broken. Its rules don’t need to be changed. It is as perfect a game as can exist on earth, right now.

Manfred’s horrid (and somewhat racist) idea of forcing pitchers to face 3 batters, certainly is a bastardization.

Baseball isn’t broken. Its rules don’t need to be changed. It is as perfect a game as can exist on earth, right now.
You haven't offered any proof, since you can't, that having a pitcher face three batters is somehow racist. Are you aware of how many rules changes there have been over the years? Should it take 8 or 9 balls for a walk? Should a ball that bounces over the fence be a home run? Should a ball caught after it bounces be an out? With your logic the answer is yes.

First, yeah, I realize that baseball evolved, long before any of us were alive, into its modern, perfect, form. Its perfect form has existed for many generations. Arguing that some rule or another was changed 120 years ago and that means anything is silly.

And, I try to respect the rules and not get political or racial, but it is a fact that a greater %age of single out-left handed relievers are black than the %age of black baseball players generally. Now, do I think Manfred is doing a racist thing on purpose? No. But the effect of this will be less black ball players.

But again, back to my question. Because, 140 years ago, during its evolution, a rule was changed, I want to have only 4 batters. Why do you oppose progress? Don’t you understand that G-D is not drop the rules of baseball down to Doubleday on stone tablets? It took a few decades of trial and error to get it PERFECT. And now that it is PERFECT, it needs to be left alone.

I agree with the 1st sentence ... however, it is far from Perfect.

First, yeah, I realize that baseball evolved, long before any of us were alive, into its modern, perfect, form. Its perfect form has existed for many generations. Arguing that some rule or another was changed 120 years ago and that means anything is silly.

And, I try to respect the rules and not get political or racial, but it is a fact that a greater %age of single out-left handed relievers are black than the %age of black baseball players generally. Now, do I think Manfred is doing a racist thing on purpose? No. But the effect of this will be less black ball players.

But again, back to my question. Because, 140 years ago, during its evolution, a rule was changed, I want to have only 4 batters. Why do you oppose progress? Don’t you understand that G-D is not drop the rules of baseball down to Doubleday on stone tablets? It took a few decades of trial and error to get it PERFECT. And now that it is PERFECT, it needs to be left alone.
Your statement about black ball players is ridiculous.

Reactions: Derwin0
If you don’t already know the answer to that, you (like Rob Manfred) just don’t like baseball. That is fine. Move on.
I love baseball, and I don't agree with all of the changes, and I don't agree that you are the voice of reason.

People that love baseball understand that pitchers, like everyone else, should hit; understand that one-out relievers is just another aspect of strategy; and, most of all, that the game cannot be “too long”, as it lasts the same length as always. Nine innings.

People that love baseball understand that pitchers, like everyone else, should hit; understand that one-out relievers is just another aspect of strategy; and, most of all, that the game cannot be “too long”, as it lasts the same length as always. Nine innings.
Yes, I agree ...
Whats your point ?
No one else can have an opinion ?

Fwiw, the rule they changed about the pitcher having to pitch to three hitters is ridiculous ...
Q. Does that continue into the next inning ?

Next, well have them putting players on 2nd base to start an inning ...
When that happens, I'll quit watching baseball ...

I've been watching since 1967 ....

I quit watching basketball for the most part in the early 80's ...
About the time when it became a 1 on 1 sport .... I did watch the Pistons with Lambier and Dumars and guys ... then left.

Baseball is going to lose even more fans if they keep up the stupid rules changes.

No one else can have an opinion ?

Sure. Just please don’t call it “baseball”. We are already using that term. It is like saying you like apple pie, but really it should be made with cherries. Umm, you like cherry pie. Which is fine, just call it what it is.

IMHO, the advocates for “change” mostly don’t like baseball in the first place. If you look at baseball (the game on the field, not the unions and the prices and the dope and all of that, different discussion) and see a problem, you don’t like baseball.

Fwiw, the rule they changed about the pitcher having to pitch to three hitters is ridiculous ...
Q. Does that continue into the next inning ?

No. It is three batters or the end of an inning. There WILL be games this year where a reliever just does not have it and is forced to face three batters, all of whom will score. But at least the game will be over quickly and TBS can move on to the all important 75th rerun of Married With Children. God forbid a game run “too long”.

Next, well have them putting players on 2nd base to start an inning ...
When that happens, I'll quit watching baseball ...

Idiot Manfred wants that by 2021 season. In extra innings, runner on 2nd. Possible even more, such as 1st and 2nd in 11th, 2nd and 3rd in 12th, etc. Idiocy. But, hey, after the game there is so much compelling programming on Fox Sports Regional. A two hour recap and then veg-a-matic infomercials for 14 hours.

Baseball is going to lose even more fans if they keep up the stupid rules changes

Yep. You do not fix things that are not broken. Just look at what NASCAR did to itself.

Well blow my nose!@@@!!!!@

Using electronic equipment for illegal sign stealing in Major League Baseball could go all the way back to 2015, and it could’ve started with the Yankees. That’s what MLB Network insider and National Baseball Hall of Fame inductee Peter Gammons to...

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

• Wow
Well blow my nose!@@@!!!!@

Using electronic equipment for illegal sign stealing in Major League Baseball could go all the way back to 2015, and it could’ve started with the Yankees. That’s what MLB Network insider and National Baseball Hall of Fame inductee Peter Gammons to...

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
Oh No!!! The Yankees would never do anything like that.:spy

Reactions: Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)