Houston Rockets win 22th consecutive game

Come the playoffs, and IF the Lakers are healthy, I still see them as the team to beat in the West. San Antonio can be had, besides they can't seem to win 2 yrs. in a row. Phoenix was my pre-season choice, (they would have won it last season if weren't for the stupid decision to leave the bench to defend Nash), but I think the trade for Shaq was more hurtful, than helpful. New Orleans doesn't have the experience, so that leaves Houston. Their problem is that they haven't gotten out of the first rd. since McGrady's been there, and the obvious absence of Yao. The funny thing about that, is that they have become a better TEAM now. In that I mean that they have become more cohesive, and their bench has certainly stepped up to the challenge. They could be the Cinderella that Detroit became in 2004. Then there is history; as I said earlier the other 2 teams with streaks this long went on to win the championship. For a change, I think the NBA playoffs will actually be interesting this year, at least in the West.

Lakers are in a world of trouble.
Gasol is probably out for few games.
Bynum is not probably coming back until late playoffs, even if he comes back he will not be 100% and I don't think he will be playing like he did mid season.

Detroit/ Boston/ San Antonio / Utah / Houston / for now are the contenders for the NBA title this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts