Red Sox may boycott season opening games in Japan

Good for the players. I agree with them.

A team is just more just the players on the field.

My thoughts exactly, Scott.

This is what being a team is supposed to be about - Everybody watching out for everybody. Most of your coaches (with the exception of the head coach) never really receive any credit -- I'm glad to see this happen but I'm pretty sure Major League Baseball will drop the dollars SOON.

Million Dollar Crybabies. Sorry I can't go along with this. They want more money for this game than my wife made last year.
Edit* Disregard those comments, (except the part of the $40K being more than my wife made), didn't realize this was about the coach's appearance fees. Still can't believe though, that anybody is getting paid for a free trip to Japan, to play a game.

Last edited:
Million Dollar Crybabies. Sorry I can't go along with this. They want more money for this game than my wife made last year.
Edit* Disregard those comments, (except the part of the $40K being more than my wife made), didn't realize this was about the coach's appearance fees. Still can't believe though, that anybody is getting paid for a free trip to Japan, to play a game.

Those coaches still probably make more money then your wife and myself, I can't believe they get a free trip to Japan, plus probably room and board, and they are still crying.

I'm glad the players are sticking up for the coaches, but I can't feel sorry for these people.

The problem is MLB agree to pay the coaches $20K, now they are going back on their word. Alot of theses assitant coaches make like $100K a year and that's like 20% of your check gone, for 18 day of work you have to put in Japan.

Terry Fancona was one of the lowest paid coaches in the league the last 3-4 seasons he finally got a salary to match his outstanding coaching preformance.

Yes I'm a Nation citizen but I tell it like it is :)