Pryor earns MVP

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
He did it all season against WPIAL and PIAA Class AA teams. Yesterday, Terrelle Pryor had his way against the best high school football players in the country.

Pryor, the all-everything quarterback at Jeannette, put on an impressive performance on national television at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio. Pryor was selected the game's MVP as he led the East to a 33-23 victory against the West.

Pryor split time with two other quarterbacks, but finished with 79 yards rushing, 76 passing and had a hand in two touchdowns. He scored on a 6-yard run and also threw a 25-yard touchdown pass to John Goodman.

"I guess this shows Double-A football back home is pretty good," Pryor said in a telephone interview. "The game here was a lot faster and a lot different, but I felt fine with it."

U.S. Army All-American Bowl: Pryor earns MVP

With Mallet leaving MICHIGAN, hopefully we move one step up the ladder.
I was expecting Manningham and Arrington to head to the NFL draft, but I am somewhat surprised that Mallet would transfer since there is currently very little QB talent on next years roster. It doesn't appear he was interested in being coached or competing for the position...he just wanted it handed to him. Ugh! Heck, didn't Tom Brady sit on the bench for three years while on the Michigan roster? Just look where all that coaching and fighting for the QB position got him. Anyway, I can't say I'll miss Mallet...he reminds of a spoiled Jethro Bodine.

Mr. Pryor will certainly be an immediate impact player for one very lucky team...

I am telling you right now, the school that will let him play BOTH basketball and football...is the school that will win his service. IF any school come up to him and tells him that he can only play one....I REALLY doubt they will have his services.

I am telling you right now, the school that will let him play BOTH basketball and football...is the school that will win his service. IF any school come up to him and tells him that he can only play one....I REALLY doubt they will have his services.

But you have to admit, at 6 foot 6 inches he's an average BB player, but a great Football QB.

Have you seen Michigan's basketball team this season? We need all the help we can get!

Why Terrelle Pryor should go to U-M instead of Ohio State.

Terrelle Pryor SHOULD select Michigan as his destination over OSU and here's
why:

• (1) He would immediately start as a freshman and would eventually become the face of a new era at the most winningest school in the country.

• (2) My initial impressions of the stud recruit suggest he is extremely competetive and is always bringing up the fact "proving the doubters wrong",
I'm a diehard MICHIGAN fan from Ohio and I admit we have been dominated
recently. Terrelle knows this, and he also know MICHIGAN needs him more than
OSU needs him. He knows he would be considered a GOD at UM and just another 5-star recruit at OSU.

• (3) Finally, OSU fans and even some analysts suspect Tressel could run the spread with Pryor, with giving evidence to the Troy Smith era. Please understand that the offense ran with Troy Smith is NOT the same as the spread Rich Rodriguez and Terrelle's High School team ran. Troy Smith's spread was revolved around him throwing more than running and there was no zone/read option in that system. Terrelle is a run first QB and he will not be allowed or even encouraged to do so under Tressel. Rodriguez would drool to have Mr.Pryor tuck it down and take off.

However, with that said. My gut says he will select OSU because of the fact
Michigan never really entered the picture until it was too late. Pryor made
his mind up in August and he is just keeping this going to gain more
attention, what 18 year old stud wouldn't want more attention?

MORE FAN REACTION: Why No. 1 recruit Terrelle Pryor should go to U-M instead of Ohio State

I think you'll like this Paul.:D

I wonder what he's thinking after watching the evil school down South getting blown out for the second time in a row in the BCS? I don't know where he's going, or how he will turn out, but Michigan's offense does seem to fit his talents as much as it didn't fit Ryan Mallet's.

I wonder what he's thinking after watching the evil school down South getting blown out for the second time in a row in the BCS? I don't know where he's going, or how he will turn out, but Michigan's offense does seem to fit his talents as much as it didn't fit Ryan Mallet's.

Actually Michigan's current offense is nothing like what Pryor wants to run, With Rodreguiz in there, now you have a chance.

OSU's offense with Troy Smith was nothing like the offense Rodreguiz runs.

As a Buckeye fan, we all yelled when Smith was young and would run because he would not let the play develop, he took 2 steps back, thought he felt pressure and ran.
Once he matured, he became dynamic because he waited for theplay to develop and if it didn't he then ran, that made him very productive.

Pryor may start for the Bucks as a freshman or at least get in considerable playing time.
I think Beokman is just keeping the position till the next guy comes along, the current QB's they have are not any better that Beokman.

Tressel has not always been the best evaluator of QB talent, case in point was Smith not playing ahead of Justin Swick until later in the year.
I think Smith's first game was against Michigan, or maybe that was Krenzel I'm thinking of.

Jimbo

He can play both Football and Basketball, I don't think thats a problem, but he won't be on the BBall team till the middle of January is all, for either team he decides on.
They won't let him play both at the SAME time.

Jimbo

Whats he thinking ????
He's looking at the fact that THE Ohio State University has been to 3 BCS title games in the last 7 years.... thats what :):):)

Nothing personal Paul ..:D

Jimbo

I was expecting Manningham and Arrington to head to the NFL draft, but I am somewhat surprised that Mallet would transfer since there is currently very little QB talent on next years roster. It doesn't appear he was interested in being coached or competing for the position...he just wanted it handed to him. Ugh! Heck, didn't Tom Brady sit on the bench for three years while on the Michigan roster? Just look where all that coaching and fighting for the QB position got him. Anyway, I can't say I'll miss Mallet...he reminds of a spoiled Jethro Bodine.

Mr. Pryor will certainly be an immediate impact player for one very lucky team...

Mallet transfered because he is not a option type QB, when you go to "That team up North", if your an above avg. QB you will be looked at as NFL material, No body know what Mallet would have done up north had they still had a Pro style coach on board.

M has had thier share of QB's in the NFL, just as OSU has their share of Defensive players in the NFL every year., not to discount the Offensive players, but the D* side is more prevalent I think.

Jimbo

Paul,
3 weeks from tomorrow one of us will be very happy and know that the other has to deal with Pryor for the next 3 years .....

From what I have seen, it's down to OSU and U of M :up

Jimbo

Red Sox may boycott season opening games in Japan

2007 CFBLive Fan Ranking Index

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts