MVP Ryan Braun fails PED test?!...edit: wins appeal

I think you'll find that it wasn't in the fridge, things like this need to be kept cold, not sitting on the counter like some other reports are saying.

He got off on a technicality. From listening to Mike and Mike this morning the person with the sample followed the rules that MLB had established. However, the powers that be apparently did not think the rules were good enough.

He got off on a technicality. From listening to Mike and Mike this morning the person with the sample followed the rules that MLB had established. However, the powers that be apparently did not think the rules were good enough.

That sound about right from what I heard as well.

Two people close to Braun and familiar with his appeal, but unauthorized to speak publicly about the process, acknowledge the sample collection was flawed. But they contend there were several factors in Braun's succesful grievance. There was no other proof that he took an illegal substance, and his 20/1 TE ratio [hormone testosterone to the hormone epitestosterone], they said, was impossibly elevated for an acceptable sample. A TE ratio of less than 4/1 is considered normal.
Braun told USA TODAY in December that the result was "B.S." and never relented in his innocence.
"We provided complete cooperation despite the highly unusual circumstances," Braun said in a prepared statement. "I have been an open book, willing to share details from every aspect of my life as part of this investigation, because I have nothing to hide. I have passed over 25 drug tests in my career, including at least three in the past year. …

Milwaukee Brewers' Ryan Braun wins appeal of failed PED test

He didn't necessarily "get off". MLB is going to appeal. Just because someone snuffed the lab results doesn't mean he will get off. There's more evidence against him that may still implicate him. The results were just 1 piece of evidence. I'm not sure how he'll be able to explain why his testosterone levels increased 300%.

Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig and his gang of idiots screw up, again. This crew cannot do anything right. They cannot follow a basic drug test procedure. Something low-paid employees of labs in lots of industries, cops, college kids, follow every day. Some idiot is told to take a sample and FedEx it in, but rather puts in in his home refrigerator for two days. MLB should have admitted error and never bothered to litigate the matter. Idiots. The gang that could not shoot straight.

If Braun is actually guilty, they will catch him next time, but Selig's crowd has destroyed the crediability of the whole system.

Bud "Light" (Kennesaw Molehill) Selig and his gang of idiots screw up, again. This crew cannot do anything right. They cannot follow a basic drug test procedure. Something low-paid employees of labs in lots of industries, cops, college kids, follow every day. Some idiot is told to take a sample and FedEx it in, but rather puts in in his home refrigerator for two days. MLB should have admitted error and never bothered to litigate the matter. Idiots. The gang that could not shoot straight.

If Braun is actually guilty, they will catch him next time, but Selig's crowd has destroyed the crediability of the whole system.

I agree COMPLETELY with you statement.

I've heard he put it on his counter .... which potentially ruined it.
Putting it in a cool (refrigerator) would be perfectly fine in most cases.

IF FEDEX is CLOSED as they mentioned when he got the sample, he has to have something to do with it.

IF FEDEX is CLOSED as they mentioned when he got the sample, he has to have something to do with it.

Here is a thought. If the procedure says to take it to FedEx immediatly, then you take the sample when FedEx is open. I would be you the lowest paid receptionist in the slezziest law office in Milwaukee could tell you FedEx's hours. In fact, even I can (you will just have to take my word for it that I didn't look it up). In my town, you have to call for a pick up by 1 PM, you have to have the package to the counter downtown by 6 PM, or to the airport by 8:30. Says so on the big green sign on the door. They deliver Monday-Saturday, but Saturdays cost extra and if you don't ask for it, a package dropped off Friday is delivered Monday.

Not rocket science.

Maybe Mike and Mike have it wrong when they reported it last week. They had been told he put the sample in the fridge for the weekend. Mike and Mike also read MLB's policy and it seems from that, the courier followed the policy. If that is true, I still think Braun has a huge problem.