Houston vs Denver ESPNHD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
Ok I know we have covered this a million times but last nights game looked so much better on SD than HD there was a lot of artifacts and white noises all over the screen. Its sad that the number one sports channel looks like crap.

I'd be interested in establishing whether this was an ESPN HD issue or a DIRECTV issue. Based on a recent college game, I'm inclined to believe it is a DIRECTV issue; especially if the SD version is trouble free.

I'd be interested in establishing whether this was an ESPN HD issue or a DIRECTV issue. Based on a recent college game, I'm inclined to believe it is a DIRECTV issue; especially if the SD version is trouble free.

Not nessasaraly.
If the SD is fine and the HD portion is not, that would tell me that somewhere in the transition to HD something got messed up, that would be the network, not the people passing it along. I would look at ESPN, Not D*.

I normally watch plenty of ESPN and have had no major problems, however I have not watched ESPN much of late as I don't watch basketball...
I'll see alot more when baseball gets rolling.

Jimbo

If the SD is fine and the HD portion is not, that would tell me that somewhere in the transition to HD something got messed up, that would be the network, not the people passing it along. I would look at ESPN, Not D*.
If the game is being televised in HD, it is being shot in HD and down-converted at "the studios" to SD, not the other way around. Unless they are having serious final uplink problems, the SD version cannot be better than the HD version from which it is derived.

Have you found CATV or DISH subscribers with similar complaints?

If the game is being televised in HD, it is being shot in HD and down-converted at "the studios" to SD, not the other way around. Unless they are having serious final uplink problems, the SD version cannot be better than the HD version from which it is derived.

I have CATV, and the quality was pretty much the same..

Unless they are being shot with different cameras still.....

but I agree, after re reading my post, it didn't look right, your right, normally they use the HD and just reformat to the 4:3.

STILL could be a programming snafu though.

Jimbo

ESPN on DTV is so bad I don't even bother turning it on anymore. The funny thing - when I had Comcast - that was my best channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)