How bad is illness in your area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Since the start of the school year my daughter has been sick all but 3 weeks this fall / winter and I as well as my wife have been taking a beating along with her. Given that this is her first time in school I expected her to get more than her average share of colds but the consistency of her being ill has me worried that its something more and so far her pediatrician has not been a help ( all three that she has seen ). Myself I am on my third week nearing fourth of fighting off something that could be a sinus infection but I haven't had a fever though I can't smell or use my nose half the time and ache all over. Granted this is a heavily military town and with fleets and ships and other forms of military deployments returning all the time these soldiers are returning with all sorts of bugs so the whole area is down with allot of issues right now.

One of my concerns though is that it has something to do with all of the issues that my father's house has had which is why we are having the duct work cleaned in another week or so but Im curious to find out how bad it is in other area's right now for members here before I pack my wife and daughter off to live with family in another state far far away.

Well after a month of what seemed to be a cold I along with my wife and daughter headed to the clinic and we all left with scripts for zithromax to fight off sinus infections. I'm really at odds as to whether its the overall local environment with it being a port of call for merchant and military transports or if its the house given its recent past.

I got the stomach virus a couple of days ago and am now recovering. I think I caught it from my dad which had it a few days before I did. This is what I hate getting the most, anything that causes me an upset stomach. There was an issue with people getting the flu. I just got my regular and H1N1 flu shots three weeks ago.

Nothing much to report in these parts. I am not connected with any school or medical facilities so that probably skews my experience. A few random absentees of nearby workers but nothing else. I have not missed any time due to illness in a couple of years (KoW !!) I have not had any flu or H1N1 shots...

My sore throat is doing much better, pretty much gone now.

I had a regular flu shot this year, but not the H1N1.
When I got my regular flu shot the people at the clinic didn't seem to excited about the H1N1 shot. They were saying - You can get the H1N1 when it's available, if you want to, I guess. It seems like the only people all excited about the H1N1 is the news media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts