How big is the HR24/200's hard drive?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PHXHoward

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
PHX
Think I need a bigger drive. I understand that the external replaces the internal drive. Will it copy the contents of the internal drive to the external?

Think I need a bigger drive. I understand that the external replaces the internal drive. Will it copy the contents of the internal drive to the external?

No, you will lose access to the Internal when the EHD is hooked up, however, if you disconnect the EHD and reboot you can access the Internal one again.

I think the HD on the 24's are 500gb.

Thanks

External drive does not seem like a very good solution then. People would consider an external drive if they fill up their internal drive. How can they be expected to watch everything on the internal before switching to the external?

Dish Network has an option to transfer recordings between internal and external. Hope Directv will do something like that.

Thanks

External drive does not seem like a very good solution then. People would consider an external drive if they fill up their internal drive. How can they be expected to watch everything on the internal before switching to the external?

Dish Network has an option to transfer recordings between internal and external. Hope Directv will do something like that.

That is something that is somewhere on the list of things to do, but I don't think it's very high on the priority list at this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts