How can I get a HR24 Receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tylerbonezjonez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I am a current DirecTV customer and I have the R22 receiver. How would I get one of the HR24 receivers? I mean I like my R22 but the HR24 looks bad A ! Any chance of getting one for free? Ive only been back with DirecTV for about 5 months if that.

Last edited:
yeah I think the online retailer would be the best option. If you order through D* directly you may not get one

I called D* is November and just asked specifically about getting an HR24. She said it was $199. I asked can she do better on the price, she put me on hold for about 5 min, came back and said if I bought right now, they could drop it to $99, but I had to have it pro installed for another $20. I tried to tell them that where it's going, I already had two coax ran and didn't need help, but she said that was the only way they would do it. So I just did it. got it for $120. They were out 2 days later. Probably the easiest time I had getting an upgrade. Should mention, that I have been a customer for 10+ years.

My HR-22's had audio playback problems. They came once and I couldn't duplicate it. They came a second time and tried to blame it on my audio system (which I didn't have at the time of the first call). After much BS, I finally got the local contracting company head honcho on the phone. After explaining the misdiagnosis I told them they could come with a pair of HR-24's or pick up a pair of HR-22's. No, they didn't charge for them or force a two year extension. You just have to be patient, find the right person and be direct with them.

I'd wait a month or so before buying anything. Lots of new information should be on the way. I was never impressed with the 24's they are more of a side grade and not worth another 2 year contract plus $200 IMO. Especially this late in the game.

Is it true that if you buy one of these receivers off amazon.com then if you cancel your directv services you have to give the receiver that you purchased from amazon back to directv??

Of course it is ..... When you "buy" it from Amazon, it's no different that buying it anywhere else.
Your "leasing " it, not buying it.

If your buying it, you'll probably pay $ 500+, but I don't know that they are available to purchase anywhere at all.

I called retention because I was no longer tied to my contract. I told them I would like an HR24-500 since my current HR20-700 was acting up. I have the protection plan and asked for a new HR24-500 which they couldn't guaranty me as a replacement receiver. So, I asked the rep if I could go to a retailer and get one myself and be reimbursed the cost of the new receiver (as part of the protection plan) so I can be "guaranteed" to get the HR24-500. They said sure, and gave me a $212 credit on my account in 5 minutes. I went out and bought the HR24-500 out of pocket for just $200. I made an extra $12 on the deal and won't have a DirecTv bill for 2 months now or until the $212 credit is used. You could always try this route, as i got the receiver I wanted and it was technically free.......it worked for me.

I called retention because I was no longer tied to my contract. I told them I would like an HR24-500 since my current HR20-700 was acting up. I have the protection plan and asked for a new HR24-500 which they couldn't guaranty me as a replacement receiver. So, I asked the rep if I could go to a retailer and get one myself and be reimbursed the cost of the new receiver (as part of the protection plan) so I can be "guaranteed" to get the HR24-500. They said sure, and gave me a $212 credit on my account in 5 minutes. I went out and bought the HR24-500 out of pocket for just $200. I made an extra $12 on the deal and won't have a DirecTv bill for 2 months now or until the $212 credit is used. You could always try this route, as i got the receiver I wanted and it was technically free.......it worked for me.

You were lucky, it's not everyday they will credit you like that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)