How can i get Intelsat Americas 5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ramsesr

Original poster
May 29, 2006
Hi!

I would like to know how can i get reception of intelsat americas 5, i have a FTA receiver ACE 2700, but for starters when i look at the list of satellites a can't figure out wich one is IA-5. All i get are names like AMC, SATMEX, ECHO, T-* , G-*, ANIK, Direct, Nimiq and INT***. Does IA5 goes by other name? or maybe it's my box that has the problem?

What type of antenna do i need? and do i need to use a STANDARD LNB or UNIVERSAL LNB to get it?

I live in So. Calif zip 92173

Thanks in advance!

:)

Ia 5 is also called Telstar 5 on some receiver, so maybe that helps.

Do you have a dish set up already? What type? Both a Standard and a Universal LNB will work with Ia5.

IA 5 = formerly Telstar 5, at 97 West...

Linear LNBF (aka FSS LNBF i think.. ) ...

Basically NOT the same LNB as you would use for DISH's 119, 110, 61.5 say... (not the Circular one basically) ...

Unless you got that fancy Invacom one (or whatever that spells) that can be used for both needs...

Last edited:
ramsesr said:
Hi!

I would like to know how can i get reception of intelsat americas 5, i have a FTA receiver ACE 2700, but for starters when i look at the list of satellites a can't figure out wich one is IA-5. All i get are names like AMC, SATMEX, ECHO, T-* , G-*, ANIK, Direct, Nimiq and INT***. Does IA5 goes by other name? or maybe it's my box that has the problem?

What type of antenna do i need? and do i need to use a STANDARD LNB or UNIVERSAL LNB to get it?

I live in So. Calif zip 92173

Thanks in advance!

:)

IA-5 is still sometimes referred to by its old name, "T5" (Telstar 5).

You'll need an 80 cm dish. A standard LNB will work just fine.

30 inch minimum is recommended actually .. - which is about 75 cm i think...

But bigger would not heard..and be better actually.. will give a somewhat stronger signal...

36 inch for example is better (that i think is 90 cm or something like that)

or even 40 inch.. (like mine is).. it's about a Meter or even 1 Meter 10 cm.. (100 cm or even 110 cm) .. Mine is actually about 110 cm .. pointed to IA5.. - works great! ... better than my other one pointed to IA5 as well.. (which is 30 inch / 75 cm) .. the bigger one is stronger signal.. in winter time.. and expecially in summer time.. when all them branches with leaves from trees are around.. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts