How can I hook up to 61.5 ONLY?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I have a small RV trailer and subscribe to Absolute w/locals only. My locals and most of the HD channels that I get are on the 61.5 satillite. When I hook my 722 up to a single lnb dish, the receiver will not give me the sat location for aligning the dish to 61.5. The 722 set up shows locations for 110 and 119, but 61.5 is marked n/a. How do I hook up my 722 to find 61.5 with a singler lnb?

It can

I have a small RV trailer and subscribe to Absolute w/locals only. My locals and most of the HD channels that I get are on the 61.5 satillite. When I hook my 722 up to a single lnb dish, the receiver will not give me the sat location for aligning the dish to 61.5. The 722 set up shows locations for 110 and 119, but 61.5 is marked n/a. How do I hook up my 722 to find 61.5 with a singler lnb?

Too get it to show the pointing angle for 61.5 only is to switch type of dish to a 300 from the other type of dishes. Another thing you can do is find the info here using the dishpointer.com link in the tab above.

Run a dual line from a DP Dual LNB or a single line from a DPP Twin into a Seperator into both ports of the 722k, if your using a single line from a DP Dual/Single just use one line to feed TV1 Tuner since you will prob be running only one tv anyway.... Since your only wanting to point to 61.5 the other LNB eye doesn't matter. If your using a DP Dual/Single LNB just put it on the 119 slot on the end then raise elevation up to 42degree's and set the Skew to 90, then swing the Azimuth over to 160 and BOOM there ya go!

With a 722 you can't use a single LNB. For 61.5 you will need a DUAL LNB and 2 cables run from the dish to the receiver...

Can I use one lnb and a single dish to feed one tv on tv1 and not use tv2 or will the receiver not function with one cable?

Run a dual line from a DP Dual LNB or a single line from a DPP Twin into a Seperator into both ports of the 722k, if your using a single line from a DP Dual/Single just use one line to feed TV1 Tuner since you will prob be running only one tv anyway.... Since your only wanting to point to 61.5 the other LNB eye doesn't matter. If your using a DP Dual/Single LNB just put it on the 119 slot on the end then raise elevation up to 42degree's and set the Skew to 90, then swing the Azimuth over to 160 and BOOM there ya go!

I am using a Dish 300 with a single lnb. Sat finder show an elevation of 44.7 and an azimuth of 139.6 for 61.5.

If you are only using a single DishPro LNB, you can use a splitter to connect it to both satellite inputs on a dual tuner box. Note that this is the ONLY situation in which you can use a splitter in this fashion, and it would be best to use one that passes voltage on only one side.

Thanks for all the help guys. I think that I can get it working next time. I probably will hook it up in the back yard before I go camping. I did play recorded programs, but the ext hard drive would not work without the dish hooked up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts